“Relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with the Evergreen. Our family especially loved the pool area with "life-sized" chess and checker boards. Brought playing these games to a whole new level. The numerous fire pits around the pool area were so inviting and relaxing at night. The breakfast buffet was very diverse and had multiple offerings to make all family members happy. Very nice to get away here for a few days and be so close to the Stone Mountain Park and outdoor venues.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Clear Lake, Iowa
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The Stone Mountain area is beautiful and I was very happy with the pool and the food, but our room was on the lower level and that whole level smelled and felt like a basement. We had a little patio that should have overlooked the lake, but instead had a fence directly in front of it. It was actually a three-sided lean-to type structure with the open side facing the lake and the back facing our room. I assume it was to cover up electrical or air-conditioning equipment. There were also 3 false fire alarms in the 4 days we were there. We were left to wonder what was going on as we all gathered around the pool. No one came to tell us what was happening. The staff was friendly enough but only the restaurant staff seemed to care enough to ask if everything was satisfactory. I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sue H
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Sue H.

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please accept our very sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the fire alarms and for not communicating properly. We have shared your comments with our Security and Engineering teams and provided applicable coaching.
The Restaurant team was also extremely happy with your very kind words. We appreciate it very much.

Regards,

Silvia
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Let me start by saying that I travel extensively for work and stay at Marriott properties 99% of the time. When we decided to take our grandchildren on a weekend getaway, we chose Stone Mountain and were very pleased to find that the Evergreen Resort was actually a Marriott property. Although this resort is not new, it is one of the cleanest, well maintained properties that I have visited and the staff is second to none. I will point out one particular employee: Marvin is one of the most customer focused employees that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. From the check in experience, to helping my wife purchase snacks from the store, and everything in between. He even greeted me by name when I was checking out two days later...what a great experience he provided. We will definitely visit again very soon as a result of this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend conference and thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of the room, the helpful staff, and cleanliness of the facility. My room had a convenient pull out table underneath the desk, which made working on the computer easy and comfortable. The bed was luxurious, and my back did not give me any problems for the two nights I was there. I wish that I had more free time during the conference to walk and explore the grounds, since it was a beautiful setting on the lake. My room had a view of the very nice large pool and courtyard, that included a giant life size chess and checkers game. There were also fire pits burning at night by the pool, which made relaxing even easier. We'll come back to this nice resort!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was really hopeful when I first stepped into my hotel room. The hotel itself is nice and the rooms are updated. Food was average hotel fare, and they did serve delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice with breakfast. However, if dirty hotel rooms bother you - consider yourself warned!

It was apparent when I went into the bathroom that they did not have high cleanliness standards. I am unfortunately not kidding when I say that there were brown splatters all across the tile wall by the toilet. I tried not to imagine what that could be from.

Then, when I was going to bed, something caught my eye between the nightstand and bed. I crouched down and looked under the bed, and there was a variety of trash underneath! Not just a single piece - as in, and empty bag, some paper or something, and a bag of coffee. Clearly they didn't bother to look under there very often.

Finally, when I settled into the sheets... this will sound strange, but the pillow itself reeked terribly! I could barely fall asleep it was so bad.

All in all, while the hotel was nice enough, a clean hotel room is super important to me and my room's condition would definitely keep me from coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LissaRose87
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear LissaRose87

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel, I am sincerely sorry we did not deliver the cleanliness standards you deserve.
I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns if you could please contact me directly at the hotel.

Warmest regards,

Silvia
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had a longer review but was erased by mistake. Highlights:

Cost: - Priceline negotiator $110/night
Parking $10 for visit. Wow. easy to get in/out of park
Room: clean, fresh carpet, balcony view of lake
Staff: needs to know more about park attraction.
Food: expensive...breakfast buffet $17. Yikes. but many places outside park to go to.
Internet: only free in the lobby area or if you are a Hilton Honors Elite member.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick one with a balcony view of the lake
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot Evergreen and the stay was wonderful. I had business in Atlanta and wanted a safe, comfortable place for my wife while I was working. The Evergreen is where you want to stay. The hotel is on the lake in Stone Mountain park. it is very upscale, and the staff is the most courteous I have ever encountered. According to my wife, the ladies who work in the hotel spa are also the most professional and courteous people she has ever encountered. The hotel is very family friendly. The swimming pool has accommodations for children and two lifts for people with disabilities. I have stayed at other hotels in Atlanta but this one takes the cake. The hotel has large meeting rooms to accommodate corporate meetings. This place has it all. My compliments to the management and staff at Marriot Evergreen.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a lake view
Green Features: Excellent practice for environmentally friendly practices
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Downtown
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!