“Would be great for families”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I were going to Augusta and since it was Final Four weekend I had trouble finding a nice hotel in Atlanta. I started looking between Atlanta and Augusta and this place came up. The hotel is located in Stone Mountain state park which was really pretty. Hotel is on the lake. Rooms were very nice and updated. Pool wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. I had in mind poolside service and peace and quiet but this hotel is more kid friendly. The hotel/resort is great if you enjoy the lake and want an outdoorsy weekend. With that said, if I would have had my kids they would have really enjoyed it. The Marriott also operates a golf course around the park and lake which looked really nice. We never tried the onsite restaurant because they only have a buffet. There was also a grill next to the pool that smelled really good. Atlanta is only 20 minutes or so away so it's not too far of a drive to go in for a nice dinner.

Room Tip: we had a lake view room which was very peaceful
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TCM327

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We only live an hour away but love to stay at this hotel because it feels like we are at a far away vacation destination. The front desk is always generous and accommadates all of our requests. We love the outdoor pool with activities, firepits, and food close by. We also have the indoor pool as an option to swim.
We drive over to the stn mtn activities, playground, hiking trails, and restaurants.
My kids all love it!

Room Tip: We are always grateful for the amount of space and gorgeous lake view in the Indigo suite BUT it is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jansen45
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was perfect for us. We spent several days at Stone Mountain. Being close to the park was wonderful! The "Ride the Ducks" tour picked us up right at the front door. The rooms were clean, and quiet. I wish they had free breakfast, that would have made it even better :) Hint! Hint!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank raqueleliseann
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What makes a place a resort not just a hotel is doing the little things right, but when you can't even get the easy stuff right, that's a big problem. It started at check in, after driving 5 hours from Charleston we were treated by a lady identifying herself as a manager saying they were over booked and had to move us to a "sister property" Stone Mountain lodge or Inn is a glorified Econo Lodge, not what we drove 5 hours for. When I told her that I was a Gold Elite member she said quote" that presents a problem for me" I have to find you a room now, what? they eventually did....mind you I travel a night or two every week and stay at Marriott properties, when I take my wife for a birthday weekend we get 2 double beds...very disappointing.

We were in a basemant room on second floor, the people next door partied opening this LOUD old sliding door ALL night when we left at 530 am today because we gave up I asked the guy at the desk, because I called a few times throughout the night, why no security, I men we herd the screaming and drinking all night, smelled the pot on the patio when we were leaving, if they had security they would have simply heard them or smelled them for that matter by simply walking by....disappointing!

Then there were simple things we walked upstairs to buy dessert around 930 at restaraunt ...I was greater by another guy at hostess stand saying was a Mgr, he told me they could not sell me desert til they closed I had to come back because it was only available on Buffett, then he changed it to well you can go downstairs to order, they would simply walk back up there to get same desert....there has to be a better way ...I went down there, waited 10 more minutes then was told no cheesecake....I asked another mgr as I walked to room what the hell was going on, she called over then they let me get a piece of carrot cake finally. Disappointed

I'm going to stop there...just a bad, disappointing weekend in a extremely beautiful property and location. Out of principal could not go back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beltwayorbust
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Beltwayorbust

I am really sorry to hear about your less than unacceptable stay at our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns if you could contact me directly at the hotel.
Once again, please accept my apologies for not delivering the level of service you deserve.

regards,

Silvia

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and yes the location is great but the service at the front desk was lousy. Could not check in until 4:30 after being told we could be in our room no later than 2pm,, so thank goodness the wedding was at 6pm. If not we would have been getting dressed in the car. The food was sub-par all weekend & too many unsupervised kids running around being loud. I would not recommend this place..... bottom line.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank cgc0704

Dear CGC0704

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your visit. I have shared your comments with our front desk staff and we hope you can give us another opportunity to make things right.

regards,

Silvia

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Wish we had time to stay more than one night. Very peaceful and clean. The spa service (Phyllis) was exceptionally wonderful! Big tha is to her for the much needed massage!!!! The only opportunities for improvement were 1) the need for luggage carts at the front lobby for do it yourself types like us. 2) more food and drink and gift shop items available for purchase in the lobby. LOVED the pool area outside! Towel service, swimming noodles, giant chess and checker sets, etc. really allowed the kids to have fun while the adults sat at the tables with umbrellas. We would come back next time prepared to hike and kayak!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank O-Lora-O
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We went there when they were doing Snow Mountain, which was really fun. The rooms were nice and clean. 2 beds, a desk and chair, a reading chair, and a view of the lake. The fact that there was an inside pool was phenomenal. The gym was a good size and the front desk staff were very nice. The food in the dining room was amazing. The service in the dining room was okay, but I wouldn't say it was great. Everything else was good. Not to far from the hotel is a place called the "Metro Diner", the service and the food was outstanding. I'd definitely recommend going to Stone Mountain.

• Stayed: February 2013