My family met here for Thanksgiving because it was centrally located between all of us and offered a lot of attractions for the weather. We had 14 all together: 3 married couples (in 30s's and 40's) with children (ages 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 14, 22) and one grandfather in his 60's. The facility is gorgeous, extremely clean, friendly service and high quality. We stayed in suite 202 where we all gathered in the family room before outings/evenings. My family of 5 slept in the back bedroom comfortably, it was very spacious. The pack-n-play fit in the bathroom it was so big and offered quiet, dark sleeping. Grandfather stayed in an adjoining room and my two brothers stayed just a couple of rooms down to give them privacy. During the day we swam in the pools (heated nicely), visited Stone Mountain (reviews posted for the attractions separately) explored outside and in the evenings we enjoyed the fire pits, swam more (mostly in the 3 hot tubs) and played life-sized chess/checkers. We purchased a movie package so we rented movies and ordered room-service. The food for room service was very cost-effective and great quality.
For service, the bellhops (mandatory) were very respectful, knowledgeable and friendly. The front staff was always available and friendly (and I was picky about our accommodations).The operator was a joy every time I called with questions.
For room service, we ordered and would recommend: pizza (pepperoni was better than the plain cheese), chicken fingers, penne pasta, big chef salad, homemade chips/dip, artichoke dip/chips, and fries.
For Thanksgiving, we ate at the hotel buffet and while the lack of (being told we needed) reservations almost left us stranded, the manager worked it out for us and it was an amazing, delicious meal with SUPER service from Ying.
There are two inconveniences to be aware of with this hotel:
- One of them isn't their fault, but there are no places to purchase drinks or food within a reasonable distance from the hotel. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing bottled waters, drinks, breakfast foods and snacks for your stay. All the rooms have a small refrigerator and the suites had small microwaves. We ran out of quarters for the drink machine and I refused to pay $3 for the bottled water in the room. There is a wal-mart about 15 mins away that had the essentials, but we should have gone there before checking into the hotel.
- The second inconvenience was the hotel room doors. They would slam shut automatically and you could hear them many rooms away. We opted to leave a shoe in our door during the day so the children couldn't slam the doors. Especially with a napping toddler, it became a real nuisance.
Overall, this hotel was beautiful, clean, trustworthy, and personable and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a long weekend getaway. My sister-in-law and nephew went to the spa for massages and raved about the service, so I rated it excellent below. The reflection of the lake's blue waters, shimmering beneath the tree tops was a view I won't forget for decades!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury resort with conference center located in Stone Mountain Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Marriott Hotel Stone Mountain
- Evergreen Marriott Conference Hotel
- Marriott Stone Mountain
- Stone Mountain Marriott