“Wish we could have stayed longer”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is one of the best Marriott's I have ever stayed at. My wife and I were there for a single night in late October; the hotel and grounds were absolutely beautiful. It is situated on the grounds of Stone Mountain State Park. We had a beautiful view of the lake from our 4th floor. The hotel is The leaves were changing color, which made it even more spectacular. There have heated outdoor and indoor pools, outdoor gas fire pits with chairs, and a huge, beautiful deck on the back. Staff were very helpful and friendly; there is free valet parking and I wasn't charged for WiFi because I have silver status (usually you must have at least Gold to get free WiFi). Only complaint is that the front desk was a little slow, it seemed like they needed more people. I will definitely stay there again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the lake, on a high floor (level 4 or 5)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our third stay here for a ladies conference. The accommodations are perfect and the staff was great. We dined at the buffet and the food was good and plentiful. Everthing seemed to be attended to as needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank slhtravel
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While searching for a hotel near Stone Mountain on the Web we could afford we found Marriott on there for 139.00 per night. When we got to the hotel they charged us 190.00 per night. That was the 1st thing that happened, then while checking in the woman at check in was so rude We could not believe the way she was talking to us. We found out only the next morning that if we had went and purchase a ticket at Stone Mountain Park the one where you can go to other parks and get 50% of tickets that we could have stayed there for 1/2 the price. she should have told us that. After dealing with the rude lady we then went to our room where the TV was very fuzzy on most channels, Then we had to open the door to the outside because the room was so HOT in it. It would get hot then it go to freezing cold. They seriously have some major problems with this Beautiful place. We will never ever be back to this hotel and will be sure to let everyone we know that while the hotel is very beautiful and clean. The staff is very rude and unwilling to help.

Room Tip: Call ahead or book ahead and if you plan on going to the park ask the park about saving at Marriott.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dtanner107
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel setting is in Georgia stone mountain state park, A deep forest feeling trees and shade everywhere great staff,very friendly,professional our waitress,Ying was the nicest we had anywhere on our 10 day Georgia and north Carolina mountain getaway,I had even forgot my keys and cell on the table,and she found me in the beautiful lobby with giant cozy fireplace and returned them to me in person.The nightly dinner buffet was good,drinks after dinner in downstairs lounge were way overpriced twice the price at dinner,we went outside buy fire pits under the moon and trees buy the pool. The next morning we hiked up stone mountain which is inside the park,great stay It was our second visit to this location 30 minutes to Atlanta airport and downtown Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for lake or mountain view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark S
Atlanta
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort over the weekend and I could not believe how great the service was a the Stone Mountain Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort. The restaurant was great and the staff went out of their way to take care of me and my lovely wife. The front desk staff was amazing and our banquet staff was great. It was worth every penny we spend at the resort. I travel about six months out of the year. Three months with my job and three months with my family. So I stay at all levels of hotels and resorts. Evergreen Marriott Conference center is worth every penny. The atmosphere and customer service makes it the best hotel I have never stayed in the past 20 years. I must tell all my friends how wonderful my service was at Evergreen Conference Center.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the fifth floor to overlook the lake for the morning sunrise on your balc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Willisblak
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend. Our room had a lake view,it was relaxing just to sit in the patio area and admire the nature.The resort facilities were excellent. Two pools were available in this resort. One indoor and one outdoor. There were several small areas with patio fireplaces surrounded by cozy seats available, close but not next to the pool. The resort has a restaurant and a sports bar. The only thing that did not work well was the internet. We spent one day enjoying the hotel amenities, the next day we went to Stone Mountain Park. It was nice to have the park to close to the hotel. The staff was courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rr442012
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for my brother-in-law's wedding in August 2012. Our king bed room had a beautiful lake view and balcony with chairs. We took advantage of both the outdoor & indoor pools. I loved the outdoor fire pits & hot tubs. Also enjoyed having Starbucks coffee on site (wish it had longer hours though!). The hotel does have soda machines, but no snack machines. I went to the front desk around 12am when I had a craving... they had snacks you could purchase there, but not much of a variety. The hotel is a bit of a drive from the attractions in Stone Park. Good thing we had a rental car!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Midtown
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#17 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!