“Spa at Evergreen Marriott”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, NY
“Spa at Evergreen Marriott”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I love Stone Mountain and whenever i visit from NY i must go. Staying at this hotel is a plus but the spa leaves a lot to be desired.
One thing i do hate about staying at hotel or visiting spa is that you pay for parking to enter Stone Mountain area. I feel if youre staying at hotel or going to The Commons, you should get free parking.
The massage was great but to me its not really a spa.
1) you walk from spa reception desk to the massage room (via outside)
2) the massage room was cold
3) there is no relaxation area
When youre done with the massage you get dressed and leave. No sauna or steam room to relax in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank IAMNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Knoxville
Reviewed October 24, 2011

As a 1 income family of 4, we are blessed to travel 3-5 times a year on a tight budget, & lots of planning. In trusting a Marriott for our 1st visit to Stone Mtn, we may have expected too much. Here is the good and not so good:

Not so good:
>Outdoor pool: Website stated "heated" but it was NOT. It was extremely cold! Even though the mornings/evening were cool, the afternoons were in the high 70's & low 80's. One day it reached 84 & our kids still could not tolerate the cold water.
>Indoor pool: Small but functional. Same situation - the water was so cool that my 7yr could not bare it, while my 9yr toughed it out. Pools were disappointing for our children.
>Restaurant/buffet: It was too expensive, esp.dinner. Our 9&7yr olds would have cost approx.$20 each, & they only eat about 1 plateful, if that. In my opinion, any time kids meals are over-priced that is a hint that the restaurant is not "kid friendly" (think about it). Over charge & they will not come.
>Package deals: We tried to get the suggested online package to include room, breakfast & tickets but it was sold out. We were able to book w/breakfast included but it caused much confusion for staff. Literally had to speak with mgmt to straighten out.
>Arcade room: I would not call it a room but more of a closet.
>Rooms: On our 1st night, we had crazy person next door & we had to call security twice. The police were eventually called & the man was "removed" from the hotel - honestly. Our 2nd night, security had to visit the same room again (different guests) due to their loud music. Our 3rd night, uneventful-thank goodness.
>Privacy: For some reason the walls are extremely thin. Although we did have problem neighbors, we do feel that we could hear more than normal. We could hear clear conversations in our bathroom through the vent system.
>Amenities: No WIFI in rooms unless you pay $16 per day. Provided 2 water bottles in room for "our convenience" with a note stating $3.00 each.
>Hotel location: Nothing is within reasonable walking distance of hotel.No shuttle service is provided so you have to drive your car everywhere. For a more budget/kid friendly hotel, I would stay off of StoneMtn. There is no extra benefits for staying on the grounds. Plenty of nice hotels around the area with more easily accessible restaurants.

Good:
>Lovely grounds.
>Ask for room #368 because the trees split around the "_68" number. Since the trees split there, we could see the lake. Wonderful watching the rowers, boating & turtles.
>We had a "slight" incident w/our 7yr old making a mistake w/out her glasses and mgmt was very understanding and kind. They even gave her a Stone Mtn stuffed animal bc she was so remorseful.
>Due to nights of security/police being called, mgmt gave us 2day StoneMtn tickets. That was very much appreciated.
> In-room refrig.

Room Tip: Try to stay around the "_68" room number because there is an open within the trees to be a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LeAnneYR
Celina, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I arranged ahead for a handicapped room with grab bar in the shower and near the toilet and for a king sized bed. Our first room had neither, the second had double beds, and there was a tub with grab bars near the bottom, and the toilet was juvenile size, and the staff seemed unaware if they had regulation height toilets anywhere else but the lobby. So I was unable to take a shower, and had to use the lobby restroom. I called Marriott with my concerns, and the manager whom they were going to notify never contacted me. At 3:10 A.M. of our stay, I was awakened by loud music still playing in the pool area even though no one was out there; and I had to call the desk to have it shut off. The public areas are very attractive, but dining and menu options are limited and the seating uncomfortable, and on a Saturday morning there is no breakfast or coffee until 7:00 A.M. Most hotels have a coffee urn in the lobby starting at 6:00 A.M. I too had the experience in the Starbucks with the rude employee informing me that they were not open yet. It definitely did not seem like a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jane O
Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here recently for a conference and there wasn't much to recommend this hotel. First, the good points. Common areas appeared clean and fairly well maintained, the bill was accurate. Now the not so good.

First, upon arrival, we were assigned a room on the first floor. The reception area is on the fourth floor. The hallway on the first floor was dark and had the feel of an old and dated Holiday Inn. Two mini fridges were plugged in and sitting in the hallway for some odd reason. Our room was short on both soap and towels (although they were properly stocked the second day).

In place of the National Geographic channel was RT, "the first Russian 24/7 English-language news channel which brings the Russian view on global news" with incredibly offensive coverage of recent protests in NYC. I found the fact that Nat Geo was replaced with such a network disgusting. The TV may have been a flat screen, but the picture was certainly not high definition, very poor picture quality.

The beds were among the worst I have slept in...ever. One was very very lumpy, when I switched to the other, I found a deep depression in the side near the nightstand so whenever I rolled to the other side, I would simply roll back to the low spot.

No coffee is to be found in the lobby until 6:30 am, while I was looking over the menu board at the Starbucks counter in the lobby at 6:15 or so, the server greeted me with a loud and rude "we don't open until 6:30". No "good morning" or anything else. The restaurants were very overpriced, service was slow and the food was average, below the quality of the nearby "all you can eat" buffet chain restaurant. Food at the conference was served cool to warm, not at proper temperature, and the same breakfast each morning with runny eggs and dry biscuits with a weird chicken mixture baked inside.

Had I not been there for business, I would have checked out after the first night and located alternative accommodations. Unless my organization books this location again (and some of us have already provided feedback suggesting we not return), I don't expect to visit this property again.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor, seems like a cheap and dated Holiday Inn or a musty dank basement.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank GoDawgsGeorgia
Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The Evergreen Marriott Resort provided an excellent weekend retreat. The hotel and grounds were beautiful, the staff was accomodating, and the meals were delicious. The room was spacious and well appointed, and the bedding, as always at Marriott resorts, was luxurious. The room had a small balcony and overlooked a beautiful lake with Fall colors on the trees. I took advantage of the dinner and breakfast buffets. Both were plentiful and offered a great value. The resort is located in Stone Mountain park, but you will need transportation to take advantage of the venue. The park itself prides itself on being family friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We just got back from a last minute weekend trip to Stone Mountain. We ended up getting the package for four with free buffet breakfast and park tickets. The breakfast was great and the buffet had anything you could want to eat.The hotel is a beautiful place. The staff was very polite and helpful being that it was the first time we had ever been there. My only complaint was the two double beds in the room for four people, I thought two queen beds would have been more suitable for our group. Our hotel room was clean and we had everything we needed for our stay. The park is a gorgeous place and we explored it as much as possible while we were there.The laser show is a must see! We are already making plans to come back at Christmas and we will defintely stay at Evergreen Marriott again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kelly033-11
Orange City, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Very enjoyable stay! Grounds and rooms were spotless. Buffet breakfast is awesome @ $16.
Nice pool & patio area. One warning.... don't keep cash in your room. A family member had $40 stolen from her purse (inside her locked room) after maid service. Hotel apoligized, but never heard anymore from them. Other than that its a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Downtown
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!