“Romance Package”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I got the romance package at the Marriott Evergreen. When we first got there, we decided to walk up the mountain (which was a great experience) because they told us the room wasn’t ready. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were able to park for free. The lady at the front desk told us they didn’t have any king size bed available because they were all booked so we had to get a double. I told her there was no way considering the rooms weren’t ready 2 hours earlier but now they were all booked. I decided to not worry about it because I was ready to take a shower and get a massage. The room was average, but it was clean. The décor was pretty, and bed was comfortable. The view was great. After getting settled in, we got a couple’s massage (I’ve had better). We had to walk outside to get to the rooms for our spa. That wasn’t as bad, but it was cool outside. We also got chocolate covered strawberries (very good) and champagne (horrible). Then we ate at The Commons restaurant. The food was so good. I really enjoyed my dinner. I don’t know about the prices because it was included in our package also. Oh my mash potatoes had paper in the center of it. That completely grossed me out, but the manager apologized and told me I can get something else. I just ended up getting some fries and they were good too. It was fine because I like the fries better than the potatoes. The next day we ordered room service (for breakfast). It was a lot of food for a reasonable price (which was included in the package also). The pancakes weren’t as good but the other food was. Ok now that I’ve listed the good and the bad, I will say my overall experience was wonderful.

1  Thank Nia W

Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with help and warm smiles. I called ahead to see if a room was available earlier than our check-in time since we were in town earlier and there was a room. At first our attendant was going to give us a room that I requested but on a lower floor, but became quickly busy with another guest she was trying to check in. She made us fully aware that she was waiting on another guest, but decided to work with us anyway until more help came. We were almost done when her first guest entered the lobby and she waited on him. She told us thanks for being patient and upgraded our room since the room I requested was no longer available. Now that is impressive. She did not have to do that, but she did and with a smile. We were impressed with the room and had wonderful Marriott service the entire trip. You should go to this location. Make sure you have a lakeview room it is beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I am a Marriott Platinum member and my impressions were the following. My initial room door lock did not work. (215) The resort sprawls and after a long hike with the luggage, I had to turn around and go back and get another key set. They did send a friendly lad with me to make sure the new room (218) door lock worked and it did. The room was ok for the most part. The big exception being the bed which I agree with many others was really not comfortable at all. This was very surprising to me as typically Marriott beds are excellent and a major reason why I stay at them. My maid service was good. The sheets were clean. The food was ok, not great but ok. The gym was good in my opinion and the pool was tiny for the size of the hotel. I did not use the pool but noticed it nonetheless. My wife and daughters would have been very unhappy with the size of the pool so be aware if you have kids and it's Summer. I was at a company function in the ballrooms for three days. The Marriott snack stations during our breaks in meetings were outstanding. Everyone loved the candy stations and refrigerators full of soda. I gave 6 presentations in 1 day to various breakout groups in different rooms. We had one room where we couldn't get the AV to work with our powerpoint presentation. Hotel staff were called, came immediately and fixed it in 5 minutes. Overall, I would say the hotel is mediocre. If I am looking to enjoy time at a resort, then I would pass on coming here again. If I had a business meeting and the price was reasonable, I'd probably come back if they improved the beds.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Oakcrown
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have never been in a hotel where they obviously did not change the bed linen. There was feces and pubic hair on the sheets. There also was not top sheet. I did not notice it immediately and got into the bed first, tried to figure out where the top sheet was, and then began itching. I turned on the light and saw the disgust I was laying in. Ugh!! I called the front desk; they did not offer to change my room but had me wait for 45 minutes for new linen. My body is covered with bites or some type of rash today. I am not sure if it was bed bugs because I removed all of the linens and put the outside in the hallway. If it was not bedbugs, it was lice or something. I told them at the front desk the following morning about what happened the night before. She claimed that she aware of the situation and that she personally saw the stained sheets. However, all I received was excuses why it happened and she seemed bewildered to why I would be upset if I ultimately got new linen. I have stayed at this hotel many times but have not stayed here in the past 3 years. Previous stays, I never had a problem. Apparently, by the looks of the reviews here on tripadvisor, the quality of management is not there anymore. I intend on contacting the health department so that they can look into the bedbug issue.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank GTechMom
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I really do not see where the negative reviews are coming from. My husband and I stayed here with another couple this past Friday and Saturday. This hotel is just beautiful. The decor is modern and tasteful. The service was fast and friendly. The pools and spas were wonderful, as were the intimate firepits located around the pool area. We ate the seafood buffet Friday night and breakfast buffet the next morning. Both were outstanding. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Prime rib sliced to order, crab legs, shrimp, etouffee, gumbo, rice, smoked salmon, gourmet cheese. Dessert was delicious as well, and as it was our friend's birthday, they served him a gorgeous slice of chocolate cake with the words Happy Birthday drawn in chocolate around the rim of the plate. If you go on a busy weekend, you can bet your experience is going to reflect that. I can only imagine the crowd on Valentine's Day. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Holy cow, talk about rude. I'm a million mile flyer and heavy hotel user all over the world. I have NEVER been tossed out of a hotel for being LOW VALUE. While in Atlanta I thought to take my family to see stone mountain. What a MISTAKE considering a Marriott. Less then 24 HOURS before they called, left me a voice mail advising that they will HAVE TO relocate me. Upon calling back I'm told that they are OVER BOOKED and will put us in the Country Inn & Suites. ARE YOU KIDDING? Nothing personal on the Country Inn but that is outside the park and nothing close to what we booked.

I spoke with Aisha - Front desk office who gets the pleasant job of telling people while her manager Nicole SEON is at home. Obviously this is a corporate policy for throwing out LOW VALUE guests when they review who is high priority for them such as Marriott rewards people.

HEY, if you are a frequent Marriott rewards members, GOOD LUCK and stick it out. IF you're NOT, don't take the risk of booking at this Marriott. Obviously I won't be booking at all and will cancel my Marriott Reward membership. Stupid me, I actually joined and thought I'd give them more business.

Thanks to the internet and Trip Advisor consider yourself WARNED.

Oh, Nicole SEON can be reached at NICOLE.SEON@Marriott.com

STAY AWAY

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank RalphDailey
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for Valentine’s day weekend, we wanted a nice relaxing getaway….that we did not get!!!! We showed up and had an early check-in as requested, the process was speedy and we were able to get right to our room which was great. We checked in on 2/11/2011 which was a Friday so we decided that we would do the seafood buffet in the Waterside restaurant. I called guest services to get transferred to the restaurant and once I was transferred no one picked up I got a voicemail. So I called guest services again, I just wanted to know if we needed reservations or could walk right in, but when I tried calling guest services no one picked up there either. In a hotel I believe that the phone should never ring more than 3 times so I hung up and tried again later. We went to dinner around 5:15pm and were sat right away. Most of the food was okay but the crab legs were overcooked and that was the main item we wanted. I have the say that Anne our server was amazing!!!! She was extremely polite and accommodating, defiantly and asset to your restaurant. We also saw her every morning for breakfast and she would remember us which was pleasant. We ate at the Waterside 3 times and were not impressed by the food but the service was always wonderful every server we had did a great job, Donna, James, and Anne.

The beds are the WORST thing I have ever slept on in my life!!!! They are as hard as rock and I could not get comfortable. I tossed and turned all night that was due to the beds and our heater making an awful noise every 5 minutes. It sounded like someone was slamming a door. At one point I got up and turned it off just so I could try and get some sleep but then I was freezing. This made the whole trip awful, we came up there to relax but instead I was tired the entire vacation because lack of sleep. The only time we were able to relax was in the hot tub (outdoor only). The indoor hot tub made very loud noises so you could not have a conversation without yelling to the person next to you. I was worried that my hair would get caught in the section because there was no cover and if I would have laid my head back that section on the edge of the pool would have gotten a hold of my hair, so we went outside. The outside was very nice that was the highlight of the whole hotel.

The hotel is very nice and well maintained but it did not meet my expectation. My husband stayed there three years ago and he loved it that’s why we decided to stay there and he said that his last visit was a thousand times better. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. My mother came up that same weekend with us and she had the same issues.

2  Thank jklm1010