“Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain-- VERY FUN!!!!!”

Stone Mountain Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This was our second time visiting snow mountain! We had a group of all ages (7-50) and all of us had fun. They have added a few additional things like snow tubing for the tots and even a family tubing area where 4-6 people can ride in a tube together. This was a big hit with our group!!! Overall, i give this attraction a 10, lines were a bit long but moved pretty fast. We never waited more than 5 minutes for tubing and we went from (10am-12pm). I wouldn't recommend going any later because it got really crowded around noon. It was also very warm the day we went (upper 60's to mid 70's) and the snow was still great!! If you have kids, they will love this, and if you are an adult you will love it also! Be sure to check out Kroger for a $4 discount.

17  Thank Trips27

Reviewed February 20, 2011

When we heard of Snow mountian at stone mountian, we thought it would be fun. Stone mountian is a great place, fun and beautiful. In the summer that is. We went to stone mountian during snow mountian. When we payed for parking, we went to the main gate. There, we first found out that the great barn was closed for maintnence. First bad sign. Then we found out that the brand new ropes course was closed. The main reason we went was to test it out. We were still fine however. It killed us when we found out the TRAM WAS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. The reason it is called stone mountian is for the mountian! We left at the ticket booth. Too bad we payed for parking already. How ever, this park is great for summer. This is just for the snow mountian days. Even then seems like the park is slowly decaying due to uninstrested teens and single adults with no children. Unless they add some theme park attractions I'm probably not going soon. The park is good with little children.

2  Thank jacobspot
Reviewed February 16, 2011

My family and I went during "Stone Mountain Christmas." There were so many things to do and see. We spent one day there, but wish we would've had more time to do everything. We loved the skyride up to the top of Stone Mountain and enjoyed walking around up there. The history of the relief carving on the side of the mountain was so interesting. We ate at the Granite Cafe and thought the food was really good. We enjoyed watching the glass blowers, the 4D movie, playing mini-golf, and shopping. The Christmas lights were beautiful and the fireworks were a great way to end the night. We really had a good time and would love to go back during the warmer months. Stone Mountain Park is really large and includes not only the mountain and mini-park, but a lake, a golf course. a playground, nature trails, a campground, and 2 hotels. It's a beautiful place with lots to offer.

2  Thank PittmanRN
Reviewed February 16, 2011

10 dollars for parking and then 26 dollars a piece to stand in line for 45 minutes for a 10 second ride.. which we only got to do 4 times in 2 hours....the food was terrible. SNOW?.... more like the worlds largest slushie......don't waste your money

4  Thank norwell1971
Reviewed January 30, 2011

The moutain is beautiful, don't get me wrong, def go walk up the mountain or ride the sky lift. We visited Stone Mountain before Christmas and the crowds were unbelieveable. You would think that at some point they would stop letting people come in. Public safety hazard? The day we went our snow moutain time had already been rescheduled to later. We were promised free parking because of this. We didn't get it. After waiting in line, having bought tickets online already, for 45 min and getting to the top of the sledding hill; we got ONE slide. They also closed the children's play area VERY early and were not able to go back after dinner and waiting another hour in line for the train. The train def needs some brake work done. Dinner that's a whole story in it self. We were supposed to get our meal for free and ended up paying well over $50 for some extra drinks and chips. Staff seemed to not care at all if you were unhappy or not. We questioned an employee and one point on who the man carved in the mountain were. She simply said, I don't know. There were so many people there you could hardly take a step without running in to someone. My 4 year old had to use the restroom and almost didn't make it because the line was out the door. I don't usally complain but I wrote an email this time and recieved free tickets in the mail. We decided to try it again and went down Sat afternoon and stayed at the Marriott Evergreen in the park. Which I highly recommend. Great people, service,, rooms. An outdoor, heated swimming pool which was so nice. But, we had to pay $10 parking once again even though the hotel gave us a parking pass?!?!? Parking attendants do not want to leave it up for discussion about anything. When we got to the park on Sunday we were so excited to see that there was hardly anyone there. First thing I had to do was explain to the ticket sales person what out tickets were and why we got them. She was not happy to have to deal with me. Then we found that the train was closed along with half the shops and resturants. There were no shows going on. All these people pay the same amount for a ticket on that day, shouldn't everything be running even though they're not busy?!? We went down the family tube one time and me and my husband and to drag a tube that holds up to 6 people 40 feet back to the lift while the employee standing at the bottom stood there. We ate there again, you really don't have much choice when you're there. Food for the 2 of us and our 4 year old was 40.00 for burgers, a slice of pizza, fries and drinks. It was not good at all. The sky lift up the mountain was over crowded. It was a beautiful view but why cram as many people as you can into one lift. No one gets to enjoy the experiance when they're hot, stuffy and have people standing right on top of them. I'm sure the people in the middle could not see a thing. The top of the mountain is a sight that can not be compared by many others and I suggest you go for this if nothing else. I would only go back to hike up the mountain and spend time there. I'm sure they want to charge an outrageous price just to do that too though. Pros- Hotel and Mountain Cons-EVERYTHING ELSE. WAY over priced and not that great, even with free tickets. Please go and see the mountain, skip the park.

7  Thank Laylasmommy26