“Great place to take visitors and to remind them of our past.”

Stone Mountain Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 4, 2013

What I like to do now is park west of the park and ride my bicycle in for free! This is the best place to get some serious mileage on a demanding course, with a much smaller chance of colliding with a car.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,466)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"mile hike"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2013

What can I say about the horrible employees at snow mountain? Nothing good that's for sure. It seems they specifically hired the most rude and unintelligent employees to operate snow mountain. Overall a bad experience combined with the very long lines. Oh let's not forget the snow cannon that will take your eye out or god forbid your children's eyes. Stay away its a huge safety hazard I cannot fathom why snow mountain hasn't been shut down already.

1  Thank Jlm1992
Johnathon J, Public Relations Coordinator at Stone Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I am very sorry about your experience at Snow Mountain recently and truly appreciate your concerns. Please send me an email, referencing this review, so that we can discuss your experience further. You can reach me at jjustice at stonemountainpark dot com. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

In 2011, I brought my father from Wisconsin on a southern history trip. He's appreciated many civil war memorials in other parts of the country. After viewing the Hunley submarine in SC, we drove and visited Stone Mountain. My father is up in age (85) and the powered carts were perfect for him to get around all parts of the park.

We both really enjoyed the symbolism of each of the state's terraces in front of the mountain. It was gorgeous! IF you appreciate guns in history, please make it a point to go inside to the second story and visit their museum. I really can't say where I've seen such a wonderfully kept historic collection of guns and accessories.

Many people we talked to didn't even know this place existed and only found it while traveling by and then stopped. They were so amazed.

The smaller things and activities are nice for family activity or the kids, but I really hope the historic aspect of the park never gets neglected. Please keep up the good work.

The ride to the top was breath taking, and gave a great up close view of the carving.

This is a must stop and appreciate site. Enjoy!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We were there the weekend after Christmas and it was extremely crowded with rude people only looking out for themselves. Shows very positively included Christmas and religious traditional Christmas music. Train ride at night told the story of the birth of Jesus.

Negatives: 4d polar express. Timing was off and movie was too edited. Need more women's bathrooms to accommodate crowds. I waited several times at least 15 min in line for bathroom. There were several times when the workers seemed lost and out of control of their area and didn't know what was going on.

I love stone mountain late summer and early fall and will visit then again. If this had been my first trip I probably would not give it a second chance for the cost of admission.