“Great Staff and Experience”

Stone Mountain Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited on October 13, 2012. My children (12 and 10) REALLY enjoyed the skyhike, the little kids "skyhike", the rock wall, etc. We also enjoyed the Yogi Bear 4D more than I expected - even though it's a little short (about 12 to 14 minutes). It was a BEAUIFUL day - clear skies and 70 some odd degrees.
The staff was outstanding. All were extremely polite, enthusiastic, and helpful!
The ONLY thing I would improve is the meal plan tickets you buy - I knew the restaurants were limited, bur I didn't realize your choices were limited within the restaurants. It was still a decent deal to buy with the family adventure pass - and the never empty cups were a great deal!
Thanks for a great day for our family.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,378)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The park is a beautiful place to walk or ride a bicycle. It hosts a variety of events sure to interest various family members. There is a nice campground there too.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family shared a fabulous day with our adventure passes, picnicing and watching the laser light show. A great time was had by all!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is an awesome place in Atlanta for a hike where you can see a wonderful sunset over the city skyscraper. Bring a flashlight on your way back down it is dark. The walk up is a great excersice, like coming down, there is a lot people using the mountain for cardio training.

There is also honest people, I lost my cellphone some where in the trail. The person who found it brought to the police agent and I could get it back the next day.

The view on top is great, the price to get in is a bit high I think but the yearly pass for locals is so cheap.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good as ever!I have been visiting Stone Mtn park for the laser show for over 20 years. It is always a fun family outing. If we are just going for the show, we pack a cooler and a few blankets and some yard toys and off we go. We set up shop on the lawn about an hour before the show starts. There are always lots of families there and it has a communal feeling. The kids go down and play on the lower lawn, there are always several games going on. The adults take some time to lay out and relax while the kids run around and let off some steam. You can also walk around the village (as long as nothing is going on) and it's included in the parking price. ($10 per visit - if you go more than once, it's best to get a pass $25 annually) If there is an event going on, you will have to pay full price just to get into the village (up to you if its worth it or not.) However, I digress. When it gets dark, the show starts and then it's about 30 minutes long. The music and lasers are great and the kids absolutely LOVE the fireworks. It can be a bit loud for little ones, but there are plenty of babies there. The lawn can get a little chilly so be sure to bring a jacket. I love the music but they need to bring back Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" as the last song. It totally made the show, in my opinion. I never failed to shed a little tear or two and everyone seemed to leave feeling so very patriotic. But, even with the changes in the last few years, its still worth the trek out there (over an hour for us.)