“Not a good choice!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Tampa
“Not a good choice!”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My stepson was graduating high school in Ohio we live in Florida so we decided to go on a road trip. We researched the hotel in Ohio (which was great) and decided to wing it on the way up and back. Along I-75 there are free booklets that have hotel advertisements we grabbed one and stopped in Corbin, Kentucky (which we were lucky, it was great). On the way back the nightmare began! The first one in Richmond Kentucky was horrible. So next stop, Stockbridge Baymont. They claimed to be newly renovated and after the previous hotel I thought that would be the way to go...the internet was slow very slow, the room smelled, the bed was lumpy over all very outdated (pink sheets) . It was also no more than 50 degrees in the room. And to top off our very uncomfortable stay the breakfast was a joke! My lesson from this trip is...do my research!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
new orleans
Reviewed November 4, 2006

I booked a room at this hotel on Trip Rewards's web site at the last moment. There had been a death in the family, and I needed a hotel room near my family in McDonough, GA, so that I could pay my respects. After a 7 hour drive from New Orleans, the desk agent, Mary, assisted me with check-in, quickly and with a smile. She and the agent on the next morning (sorry I didn't get his name), were both professional and friendly. Great job by the room attendants on the 3 days of my stay. If you need a clean, safe and inexpensive room in this area, I recommend the AmeriHost Inn.

I am a general manager of a French Quarter hotel in New Orleans, and I know what it means to be reviewed favorably on TripAdvisor. This hotel earned my praise and passed my test.

• Liked — Good value, good location and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Budget linens
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank quarterdude
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2006

Paid $44 per night booked on Amerihost website. If you're just looking for cheap overnight stay it's OK but it not as nice as Red Roof or those type of motels. Most would say it's on the funky side. Heated indoor pool was fine but we left because there was a water aerobics class scheduled. Close to restaurants and I-75.

• Stayed January 2006