“Good place to stay & reasonable”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Heflin, Alabama
“Good place to stay & reasonable”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Employees are very friendly & helpful. The amenities are outdated but good condition. The indoor pool is very popular & convenient too. They have a full hot breakfast daily which is great. Close to highway. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor has a few smoking rooms; bottom floor is smoke free.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We found Baymont in a hotel coupon book, and liked the price ($47.99). We were tired from an arduous day of driving from Michigan on our way to Florida. I'm surprised by the review I read below, because my experience was completely different. The guy at the front desk, William, was great. (I assume him to be the maligned Pink Floyd desk clerk.) He is a nursing student and I am a nurse, so we spoke for a good hour after I soaked in the hot tub on subjects ranging from the healthcare industry, politics, music to Roman history. Wow, an atypical experience! Aside from the dreamy clerk, the matresses were pillow-top and we had a flat-screen. The rooms were average with regard to cleanliness, but over all, a fabulous value for 54 bucks.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank stella_greenbriar
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was driving from Iowa to Florida, and after 14 hours of driving, I was just looking to find a clean bed in a safe spot to rest for the night. The room was only $60 with taxes, so I wasn't expecting much.

There were lots of clues that the room was going to be scary:

The front desk clerk was eating fast food in the lobby with his girlfriend. You wouldn't know he was the clerk from his Pink Floyd T-shirt or blue jeans. When I drove back toward my room, I parked next to a car with two busted out windows. The door at the side of the building (that should be accessible only with a room key) was propped open. The carpet in the hall was extremely dirty. The doorjamb to my room was broken and pulled away from the wall. The non-smoking room smelled horrible (old smoke?). The television was on its way out - everything was tinted red or green. I spent 10 minutes in the room before deciding that I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping there alone. I checked out and got a refund before driving one more exit south to find a less scary spot to stay. When I went to the counter, I noticed the Pink-Floyd desk clerk wearing a six-inch knife on his belt. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable staying there either.

Room Tip: Getting a room at a different hotel would be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Inkapaul
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I am a guy so I am not worried about the little things. This Hotel is nice the staff is friendly. It could use a good cleaning and update but than it might be so reasonable as far as the price goes.

Room Tip: If you want a good rate and a decent place is it. If you want first class than you have to pay 2 t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lamar
Reviewed October 16, 2011

i am traveling alot,and stay in motel.this motel very nice and clean...........................

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Racine
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Usually the Baymont's are good but this was the worst. The mattresses were super old and "bottomed out" and the box springs were stained and gross. We always call ahead about pool and hot tub working, only to find they weren't. We never would have booked this otherwise. This place needs a total makeover. It was convenient off the Highway, but that's all the good I can say about this!

• Stayed October 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2011

On our way from Michigan to Florida, we chose the hotel randomly from a discount coupon book we picked up at a rest area. We were tired, and picked one of the cheapest hotels in the book and crossed our fingers. The Assistant Manager at the frontdesk, William, was so helpful. My husband and I have knee problems, so he carried our bags to our room, cracking jokes and making us laugh the whole way. We arrived after their pool was closed, but he opened it for us so that we could soak in the hot tub. The room was quiet and comfortable, so we woke rejuvenated. We had great stay for only 50 bucks. We’ll stop their next year on our way to the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family