“Too scary to stay overnight”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was driving from Iowa to Florida, and after 14 hours of driving, I was just looking to find a clean bed in a safe spot to rest for the night. The room was only $60 with taxes, so I wasn't expecting much.

There were lots of clues that the room was going to be scary:

The front desk clerk was eating fast food in the lobby with his girlfriend. You wouldn't know he was the clerk from his Pink Floyd T-shirt or blue jeans. When I drove back toward my room, I parked next to a car with two busted out windows. The door at the side of the building (that should be accessible only with a room key) was propped open. The carpet in the hall was extremely dirty. The doorjamb to my room was broken and pulled away from the wall. The non-smoking room smelled horrible (old smoke?). The television was on its way out - everything was tinted red or green. I spent 10 minutes in the room before deciding that I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping there alone. I checked out and got a refund before driving one more exit south to find a less scary spot to stay. When I went to the counter, I noticed the Pink-Floyd desk clerk wearing a six-inch knife on his belt. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable staying there either.

Room Tip: Getting a room at a different hotel would be a better choice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Inkapaul

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I am a guy so I am not worried about the little things. This Hotel is nice the staff is friendly. It could use a good cleaning and update but than it might be so reasonable as far as the price goes.

Room Tip: If you want a good rate and a decent place is it. If you want first class than you have to pay 2 t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

i am traveling alot,and stay in motel.this motel very nice and clean...........................

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Usually the Baymont's are good but this was the worst. The mattresses were super old and "bottomed out" and the box springs were stained and gross. We always call ahead about pool and hot tub working, only to find they weren't. We never would have booked this otherwise. This place needs a total makeover. It was convenient off the Highway, but that's all the good I can say about this!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 18, 2011

On our way from Michigan to Florida, we chose the hotel randomly from a discount coupon book we picked up at a rest area. We were tired, and picked one of the cheapest hotels in the book and crossed our fingers. The Assistant Manager at the frontdesk, William, was so helpful. My husband and I have knee problems, so he carried our bags to our room, cracking jokes and making us laugh the whole way. We arrived after their pool was closed, but he opened it for us so that we could soak in the hot tub. The room was quiet and comfortable, so we woke rejuvenated. We had great stay for only 50 bucks. We’ll stop their next year on our way to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Room was reasonably clean except for rim around top of shower. Mattresses cheap/flimsy. At first glance, property looks reasonably nice. However, there were many problems. Indoor pool was chilly. Hot tub was absolutely puny and the jacuzzi jets weren't working. Vending machine was 90% empty. Common area trash cans were overflowing in the morning. Had to move the microwave in our room, due to dead electrical outlet. The free breakfast was not restocked. By the time we got there, there was no more fruit, waffle mix, etc. We had to eat cereal and milk. We used the last of the milk, and it wasn't replenished for the people who came after us. I get the feeling this place was probably built new for the Olympics in the mid 1990s and hasn't been cared for since. In sum, it was survivable for 1 night but I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Hot Spot and computer lost charge at the same time so I couldn't look up hotel information in the car. It was late so we just picked the closest hotel. We were so blessed to find this hotel. Cost was perfect and the manager was VERY nice. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the free breakfast in a clean breakfast room. The food was fresh and tasted great.

Room Tip: Just ask the manager. Great Customer Service.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family