“Disgusting Motel”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disgusting Motel”
Reviewed January 20, 2006

My wife and I checked into the Super 8 Motel just off I75 in Stockbridge, Georgia as we were done in from traveling for the day and it was close to the freeway.

The lobby was horribly dirty, and the fixtures appeared to be at least 45 years old.

Once we got to our room it got worse. The room had not been redone since the motel was new apparently. The mattresses were stained, reeked of urine, and the unit was filthy. Disgusting is a kind thing to say about the motel.

I went up to the front desk and advised that I could not stay in the Motel for the previous reasons. The lady at the desk said she could not dismiss the charges on my credit card and would have to call her "boss". A PETE PATEL came to the desk and after hearing about my complaints returned my signed charge card and receipt for 66.08.

Stay away from this horrid motel.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
florida
Reviewed November 1, 2005

Never never stay at this hotel,,, it is dirty and disgusting,, even for a 'one nite' over nite going on to somewhere else motel,,,,, Do stay somewhere else
the rooms were filthy
the carpets were filthy
the bed was horrible
the microwave and refrig were the oldest I have ever seen in my life.
they charge you $10/per pet extra (so forget the 'cheap rate' for the hotel room)
it was absolutely disgusting.
and they advertise (new rooms) beats me who had them,,,, cause I surely didn't

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank finsfan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 21, 2005

I had a smoking room that didn't have any ashtrays. There was a smear of brown on the toilet seat when I arrived and the refrigerator had someone elses leftover food in it! The breakfast area had a tippy table that when I sat my coffee on it the table tipped and spilled coffee all over my leg too. This was a nightmare.
They were supposed to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee but even after filling out a corporate survey and reporting all this to the front desk they didn't even offer me a discount or anything. The girl at the desk just shrugged and said "Oh well." when I told her I wouldn't be back.

BOOOOO!

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
indiana
Reviewed August 23, 2004

My family stayed at the Super 8 Motel at 1451 Hudson Bridge Rd., Stockbridge Georgia along I-75.
We found it to be clean, economically priced but overall an average motel room. While clean, the room showed signs of wear and our room could use some updating. It included a small fridge, tv, microwave, an old style hair dryer mounted to the wall, a small bathroom, two beds tv and alarm clock.

The staff were friendly and smiled, which was a plus. There's an ice machine and 2 vending machines in the breezeway in the middle of the building. There was a small pool out in front of the building, kind of shaped like a boomerang. The picture I saw on the internet seems to be doctored / stretched as it shows the pool appearing bigger then it actually is. Regardless, we didn't need to use it and I suspect few travelers do.

We had a light breakfast in the reception area, and there is a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall.

Overall, we got what we paid for, a clean and average motel along interstate 95. Price including tax for the night: $44.66

Note: the Atlanta area hotels / motels band together to raise prices during events and conventions. This motel is just enough south of Atlanta for a traveler to save a few dollars.

2 Thank gotaluvme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockbridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
Comfort Suites Stockbridge
Comfort Suites Stockbridge
#7 of 19 in Stockbridge
Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast
Best Western Mcdonough Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Stockbridge

Been to Super 8 Stockbridge? Share your experiences!