“Will not stay again”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
tennessee
“Will not stay again”
Reviewed July 14, 2008

we stayed here july 4th weekend and I have one thing to say I will never stay here again. First off, the first room I stayed in the toilet didnt work and kept overflowing so I called front desk and they told me that I needed to come down and get a plunger, which I felt if I am a paying customer they should take care of any maintence issues . So around 1'o clock am we go down to the front desk to let them know the plumbing is still not working and the front desk doesnt even speak english. We kept having to repeat ourselves and they barely understood us. finally they moved us to another room and we had to get our young children up out of bed and move them and our luggage to another room in the middle of the night. But the following morning we woke up to a room full of ants and we ended up having to call the front desk and they came up with some bug spray but we still had ants everywhere. The hotel needs maintnence and repairs, the continental breakfast they served was not good at all, and I was disappointed with my stay here

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank tnt5306

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ontario
Reviewed January 18, 2008

The outside of this facility looks ok. Once inside the following was noted.
The unit was not properly cleaned as there were potato chips left from a prior party between the night table and bed.
Ants were crawling around the bathroom.
The furnishings looked like they were from the fifties.
The mattress on the bed was very soft and need of replacement.
This was a non-smoking unit yet the mattress cover had a burn hole in it.
The place was very noisy with paper thin walls. People came and went at all hours of the night which gave the impression that it might have had by the hour clientel.
The breakfast in the morning was a paltry excuse. The breakfast that was provided was stale and could easily have been day old.
This experience has finished me with ever staying at another Days Inn. Surely Days Inn should insist on a certain minimum standard.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the noise and lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roadrunner99

Travelers are raving about these Stockbridge hotels

babys1stvacation
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I booked this hotel from looking at the pics online. I figured from the name and the pics this would be a great choice for my family vacation. I was dead wrong When we got there we were displeased about the appearance, then we decided to go inside to take a look (so we brought our things inside). There was a group of men sitting outside their doors drinking beers and had their music blasting. Then when we went into the room, WOW, the chairs had nasty stains in them and the bathroom mirror was broken, the microwave was outdated, it just felt and looked dirty. I didn't even want to touch anything, let alone sleep in the beds; and flies were all around. So we went to get our $ back, I told the rep at the desk that we had to go back to the room to get our things out ( we were in ther for no more than 5 mins). While we walked back to the room, we still had the door open trying to get our things out and the man from the front desk came running done the corridor screaming (wearing no shoes, only socks), "don't go in there, you said you were leaving and i and goint o call 911" He came charging at us and I said to him that I told you we needed to get our things out. I have never been treated soooo rudely in my life. I and no one that I know will ever stay at another days inn!!!!!!!!! This place is not even a good place for a trucker to stop overnight!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank babys1stvacation
georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2007

nice place to stay. clean and everything is very close by.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2007

I made my reservation online with the hotel website for 1 night Feb 16. I called the day of arrival and confirmed my reservation.Upon arrival I was told my room had not been held but they could put me in another room----double beds (not King as I had reserved). I questioned how that happened, as I had held the reservation with a credit card and had also called just 3 hours earlier and confirmed my reservation. The response I received was "well you don't have to stay here you know" and in a tone of voice that was extremely abrasive. I gave in a took a lesser room but was charged the same rate even after I tried to convince the clerk that the rooms were not the same rate...I received basically the same reply....that she was sure I could find a room somewhere else. It was late and I was having surgery the next morinig so wasn't in the mood to argue. After entering the room I noticed that there was no coffee and it appeared the room may have been occupied prior to my arrival because there was a dirty cup in the trash, and the toilet had been used but not flushed. I called the desk to ask for coffee and mention the state of the room, and was told that I could come down and get my own coffee because she could not leave the desk. She did offer to move us to another room, but by this time I was beaten and just hung up.
Bottom Line: I will Never stay at a Days Inn again. My room was switched, the desk service was horrible and indifferent, and the room had been used without being cleaned.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everyting was terrible, the desk clerk was abrasive and not helpful.
  • Stayed February 2007