“Worked for me!”

Days Inn & Suites Stockbridge South Atlanta
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
“Worked for me!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't there very long because I stayed overnight on my way back from floriida but I was very impressed with the room. It was huge with a king bed, iron, fridge & microwave. The bathroom was massive! Very clean. I was looking forward to breakfast but it was over before I made it there. I would definitley stay again. Wish all rooms I stayed in were this big. The entire hotel & area surrounding hotel was clean.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
birmingham mi
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This was just fine. Half the price of the Hampton next door. Rooms were fine. Spartan. Older Tv. towels, yes towels didn't work so old and thin. But it was pretty clean. For one night beds decent. One iss bottom sheet not fitted and kept coming undone so you could be sleeping on bare mattress which was a little disconcerting. All in all. It was a good place for the pricr

• Stayed November 2012
LITHONIA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The location was great, the price was great, the hotel overall was clean which surprised me because the price was so affordable. The only thing that was a dirty was the shower curtain was old and had a little mildew so it needed changing once that was completed for $67 a night, clean , and breakfast its worth the stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Whatley
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stoped by over night on our way to Orlando. Staff was great, room even better. looks like place just got renovated. Great breakfast, didn't expect that for the price we paid. they had sausage egg cheese biscuit along with the usual coffee, juice, fruits, pastries. the best part of the stay was the high speed internet. had no problem at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This was by far the worst experience that I've ever had in dealing with motels. The only reason we stayed here is because everything in the area had no vacancy, and the hotel that we actually booked online didn't have vacancy once we got there. Because of that, we were tired and just wanted to sleep because we had been on the road and didn't want to drive the extra hour (with weekend traffic) it would take us to get home. Check-in seemed quick although I remained in the car while my husband paid for the room. There were people hanging out in the parking lot in the rain which I thought was odd, and I guess long-term tenants that were sitting outside their rooms being pretty loud. We ended up with an accessible room which was fine, but when opening the door to it, I would have much rather slept in the car. The carpet was dingy, the furnishings were outdated, and the lamps shades had dust and cobwebs all over them. And, I have NEVER seen a bathroom more filthy in my life. The bathroom floor was disgusting, and words cannot explain how disgusting the bathtub was. There were stains in the bottom of the tub although the water was hot, and the shower pressure was good. We wore Crocs when we showered because it was that bad. The blow dryer holster had fallen off the wall, and they didn't even bother to try to re-attach it. Gosh, the toiletries...no comment. My husband didn't seem to mind much because he's a good "ole country boy" at heart, but I complained the entire time we were there. I slept wrapped in my rob and with a shirt on my pillow.

It was late when we arrived, but we were awakened around 8am to the sounds of guitar playing, drum beating, and singing! There were people having church about three rooms over, which I honestly didn't mind because we are avid church-goers. I actually thought it was endearing, but there may have been other travelers that would have been outraged. Church was going on, children were running outside the door, and you could hear everything going on outside of the room. Check-out was at 11am, and we weren't quite ready, so at 10:54am we get a phone call that we did not answer. At 10:56am, we get a knock on the door asking us are we leaving! I called the front desk and told them that I would like to extend check-out until 1:00pm, so I was told that I would need to bring $20 to the front desk. Ok, fine since we had a little cash on us. In the span of the time I called and requested the extension until we actually left, we received 3 phone calls, and 2 knocks on the door asking us to come and pay the $20!!! One of the knocks on the door was obviously because they thought we were trying to leave without paying the $20 because my husband had walked out and started putting our things in the car. The guy that came to the door said "Are you the person who called for a screw driver?" He was acting weird and looking back and forth at me and my husband. I'm sure if a person needed a screwdriver, he/she would have told the guy what room they were in. I was so annoyed by then that I threw the $20 at him and slammed the door. I've never been treated so rudely, and I know my response was rude also, but I was pretty angry by then. They made it almost seem as if they were kicking us out of the hotel. It was just awful to be treated that way.

When we were leaving, I now see probably why the rooms aren't cleaned thoroughly. It seems that the front desk guy was also the "maid," and I'm sure he probably emptied trash, pulled shower curtains back and probably just made beds without changing the linens. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple