“meh...”

Comfort Suites Stockbridge
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When traveling to Orlando, we stopped here with my DH, DD 13, DD 7 and my parents. What a massive disappointment. While this location looks nice to the eye *at first* it is seriously lacking upon further inspection. There was a sole young man working the desk and it took forever to get his attention. (My father deferred to a young woman in uniform who had been waiting longer and was ignored.) We were happy with the size of the room and how many amenities that were provided. (microwave, fridge, pull-out bed etc.) While the finishes were high-end when new, things have certainly failed since. The duvet covers were soiled and stained, perhaps with blood? There was dirt behind the bathroom door. Not dust, dirt. The pull-out bed had left over food in it. Ugh! I had feared bed bugs, at first. Food in a bed is just un-hygenic. In the morning, the breakfast layout is a night mare. Keep in mind we visited on a Monday. The attendant told us they were "out" of yogurt and there was no more. All items were highly processed and out of a package. One steam tray was left empty. That being said, the coffee was hot and fresh. The water pressure was strong. I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy61356
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for selecting the Comfort Suites Hotel Stockbridge. We value our guests and their opinions of our service. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with our staff. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the exceptional service that we are customary to providing to our guests.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

In May of 2013, my family and I were displaced due to a fire in our home. Our start to what we thought would be a long, comfortable stay at Comfort Inn began. The first week was great, but, by the second week, I noticed that my bedding and room was not being attended too and sheets were not being changed. This incident was reported and taken care of. By the end of the week, I noticed that my personal, hidden things, were a bit raveled and (to include birth certificates, SS cards, and other personal things) had been gone thru. I asked the front desk if no one could attend the room unless I was present, just out of safety for the only few things that my family and I had left.

The attendant at the time of reporting the incident became extremely irritated with my request, and replied with an attitude. I asked to speak with the manager, but she was not in, so I left a message for her to contact me. That never happened. The next morning, I spoke with another attendant, with a complaint on the last front desk attendant’s attitude and customer service. Two days later, I was approached by the disorderly attendant for making a complaint on her in the hall, who by the way, lives on the property.

To make a long story short, on days that I were present and requested from the front desk to have the cleaning team come by to clean the room, I would be on hold from early A.M. thru 4pm in the evening waiting for someone to come to the room for service. I never got it. In fact our room, at the point of asking my insurance company to switch hotels, our room had not been cleaned in a week (bedding, floor, trash, towels). I had to purchase towels and wash clothes for the kids and me to continue our baths. The service left a sour taste for me, considering our situation, Comfort was not what we experienced!

Best Regards,

Disappointed

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ydurrah

The Staff and Management would like to thank you for selecting the Comfort Suites Hotel Stockbridge. Please accept our sincere apology for the incoveniences you experienced while a guest of the hotel. It is our policy to ensure that all of guests have an enjoyable stay. We appreciate you taking the time to write a response and we value your opinion.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly suprised with my stay here. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Good value for the money and I would definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Heather_Fla
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

The Staff and Management would like to thank you for taking time to write a comment. We are elated that you had a wonderful stay. Your kind expressions will be shared with the housekeeping staff and front desk. We look forward to your return again in the very near future!

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the way to Florida. Nice rooms, great friendly service. Great location. Would definitely stay here again.

Check in and check out quick, friendly and efficient. Like that the front desk called a few minutes after we got to the room to check on us and ask if we were happy with the room.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank LongWindingRoadTrip
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

The Staff and Management would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments about the friendly service, your arrival experience, great location, and the great rooms. We are looking forward to your return again in the very near future. Thank you again!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Having three children ( ages 5-20), we always stay in a Choice Hotel with an indoor pool during the colder seasons. This location's pool and hot tub were perfect! The staff was very friendly and the breakfast surprisingly had polish sausage and potatoes included with the expected waffles, eggs, regular sausage, yogurt, pastries, fruit, and cereal.

Check-in/out was quick and easy. Our room had an actual door, making it a true suite. Most Comfort Suites we stay in only have a partition wall separating the beds from the sitting area. This was wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank teresaspony
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for selecting the Comfort Suites Hotel Stockbridge and thank you for being a loyal Choice Hotel guests. The Staff and Management are elated that we were able to meet and exceed you and your families expectation. We are especially happy that you enjoyed our Hot Savory Start Breakfast and had an opportunity to take advantage of our indoor swimming pool. When you are in the area again, we are looking forward to providing service to you and your family.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked this hotel after driving ten hours (I am 6.5 months pregnant) and needing a place to stay for the night on the way to Florida. I am a NEAT FREAK and slightly over cautious about hotel rooms. After reading reviews here I took a chance and booked. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the lobby, elevator, and hallways. When we got to our room I checked under the bed, bathroom, and carpet. All were in great order. We got a good night sleep. I would def come back here if I found myself in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katianna L
Comfort Suites S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for giving the staff such a wonderful compliment. We are very happy that you found the Comfort Suites Hotel Stockbridge very clean and hospitable. When traveling back this way, please make the Comfort Suites your home away from home. Congratulations on your new baby!!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice & clean with friendly staff, indoor hot tub & indoor pool! Mini breakfast bar w/bagels,coffee ,juice cereal and milk. I recommend this hotel! In a great location around shopping & dinning! Plenty to do in this area.

Room Tip: Suites are nice!