Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stockbridge is about the half way point in our trip, and after some traffic delays and enough hours on the road, decided to exit here. The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently off of I-75. The hotel is clean and beautiful. I am told it is five years old but looks brand new. I asked for a rate, and were discounts available such as AAA, AARP, etc. I was quoted $119 and needed to show a membership card. This sounded a little high, but I OK'ed it. The membership card needed to be retrieved from the car - so the desk person said "let's not worry about it, here's the $119 rate".

A little later, I went on to the HIE website, and found there is an un-discounted, every day rate of $99 available. An attempt to speak to a manager failed, as one would not be in until two days later. A Guest Services person explained that the price on the internet is going to be different than what they offer at the front desk. However, in the absence of a manager, she reduced our rate to $99. Imagine - I originally was asked for AAA or AARP ID to qualify for a $119 rate. How high can it go?

We had dinner here, and found it delightful and a good value. The server, June, did an excellent job. Breakfast the next morning, was outstanding.

The beds and pillows are first class. There is a refrig, microwave, coffeemaker, and the room was exceptionally clean. We could not get the in-room heat control to work, however. It was very cold that evening, we were cold, and tried to set the thermostat up one degree from the current temp. Nothing happened. An hour later, tried to bump it up two degrees higher. Nothing. Called for help, and were shown that turning it up to the 80's would let the heat kick on until it got far too warm. Setting it back to a normal temp meant that very quickly the old room temp returned. So - we got extra blankets.

I did not sleep well, partly because of the pricing incident. Also partly due to people in an adjacent room or rooms talking - a lot and loud, starting at 5 am. The room got cooler overnight, and I did not hear or feel the heating unit come on. At 6 am, there were two clicking sounds from the heating unit. Then, at 6:07 am, heat arrived and the unit stayed on for exactly 17 minutes - and reached the plus-one degree we tried to set the prior evening. It was now warm enough to get up and shower, dress, etc. It seems from this that room temps are controlled centrally. If this is so, in addition to checking on the internet for the best rate, perhaps we must now ask what temp they will allow.

Back to the pricing. I have walked in to other hotel brands, particularly Marriott-family hotels, and have NEVER had this experience. Perhaps you are reading this in advance of a stay and won't get trapped by this pricing policy be cause you are shopping for price up-front, and know your exact destination or stopover. Do keep in mind that there are many other hotel options at this exit, and even more just ten miles away at the McDonough exit.

It is hard to assign the TripAdvisor rating categories for this stay. Because of the pricing management and (lack of) heating and adjacent room noises - just count me out on this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FLandOhDannyBoy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear FLandOhDannyBoy,

We are very thankful to receive such detailed review. It is good to know that you found our location and experience during breakfast and dinner to be convenient for your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the issues encountered with the room accommodations and pricing. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I have taken note of your comments and we will use them to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Holiday Inn & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta has a great location for those who want to avoid the traffic of Atlanta. We decided to stay there for the night, on our way back from Florida. WE avoided the evening traffic of downtown, and as we left early morning next day, the traffic was still mild. It worked great.
The Hotel is more than I expected. Extremely comfortable and clean. Courteous staff at the reception. The Hotel feels new and fresh. It is a nice place to stay for days, not only only night. would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel with all the expected amenities - Free wireless, onsite restaurant and lounge. Hotel is well maintained, and I had no issues at all. The staff is friendly and very helpful when called upon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Sp00nHead,

Thank you for your great comments about the hotel and staff! I have posted your comments on the employee board for everyone to read. The positive comments are much appreciated because it allows us, at the hotel, know that our hard work is being seen by our guests. Once again thank you for your gracious comments and hope you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we checked in we noticed a sign that said $50.00 would be added to the bill if we used a debit card. We used a credit card, but the $50 was added anyway. I called the desk two days later. The clerk agreed that the sign only referred to debit cards, but said it happens with credit cards too. As she explained it, they just swipe the card and the charge is added, and that my bank would remove the charges (not accurate). I contacted corporate Guest Relations, and hotel management contacted me 2 days later and the $50 charge was dropped. I have never stayed at a hotel that adds the same charge as to a debit card.
I was particularly unhappy that the policy was not stated, and that the clerk, who said she was the ranking staff member that day, was unconcerned at my displeasure. (when I told her I would be contacting Guest Relations, she said "Fine." The GR rep I spoke with said that she could have done more.
Who needs the hassle - we have other lodging options!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trinka1
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the hotel. I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience our credit/debit card policy has caused you. It is our policy authorize the amount of the room and an additional amount for incidentals. The authorized amount is not charged to the credit card or debit card a guest is using at the time of arrival, but a hold. When the guest checks out the additional amount is released as long as there wasn't any incidentals. This amount can update anywhere from 24 hours up to 5 business days depending on the bank which issued the card. Our policy is a standard policy that is practiced by many hotels. Also, I would like to inform you our staff has started advising guests at check in. We have started this policy to avoid any future issues for our guest. Once again, I apologize for any frustration from our policy.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Last minute choice and would be my last... Hotel room was clean and size wasn't a suite.. Hotel is off I-75 for some may be a plus?? The rate was way more than i expected,,,, Next time will shop around

Room Tip: No good tips... Font desk wasn't helpful and plus i was to tired to wheel and deal....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about our rate and value. My general manager and I want every guest to feel like they are getting a 5 star room at a great value, and apologize if we were unable to meet this during your recent visit We try to be very competitive with our rate in the area. However, sometimes our rate may go a little higher than normal depending on the day of the week and/or our availability. I hope if you are ever in the area again you will stop by and give us another try. Once again, I appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After a long 12 hour drive we arrived at the hotel. At first glance it looked like a very civilized place, shortly later we were very disappointed. We had called a few hours upon our arrival to book our room, making sure that they had a restaraunt and bar for us to relax at and get a bite to eat. When we finally sit down at the bar we were greeted by a very friendly gentleman and were started off with an appetizer and drinks, and had a VERY HEFTY tab going. As other people came in it quickly turned from a good start to a VERY BAD ending. We sat waiting for our drinks and food for over a half hour. One of us was served our dinner but the other sat waiting. As time passed I went to the front desk to ask them to get the bartender help AFTER I already watched 2 PEOPLE walk out, and saw another eat his entire meal without a drink. STILL NO HELP!! We decided we would order a bottle of wine so we wouldn't have to wait another half hour in between drinks. AGAIN we sat waiting, for our other entree and bottle of wine. At this point it was VERY CLEAR we were not going to get the service! Went to the front desk a 2ND time to let them know that there was still NO HELP! At this point we were LIVID and VERY UNHAPPY customers. Finally we decided to leave, still with NO entree or drinks, we threw a $20 on the bar because we could only imagine how long it would take to get our tab. Then went back to the front desk for a 3RD time to let them know the situation. We were gave complimentary breakfast tickets but we were leaving before breakfast was available so in the end it didn't help our situation at all! If you are counting on having a place to stay with a bar and restaraunt, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME! BAD!!! BAD!!! BAD!!! In the end we did what we should have done in the first place and walked to the gas station across the street and bought a bottle of wine- WHAT AN INCONVIENCE!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Steph6o0

We appreciate the feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely want to apologized for the inconvenience and your overall satisfaction with the service at our bar and restaurant. It is our goal for every guest to feel relax as possible when they pull off the interstate and stay the night. We want our bar to be part of our guests' experience because we know how frustrating it can be to go back out in an unfamiliar town and have to find a place to eat. So, we have taken your feedback very seriously and are looking to make changes in our restaurant. It is comments from valued guest like yourself that allows us to target problem areas and correct them. Once again, I do apologize for the lack of service that you received in our bar during your recent stay.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This Holiday Inn was suggested for out of town guests for a wedding. The property is conveniently located off the interstate, the landscaping is lovely and the hotel is clean.
Front desk personnel were friendly and professional. There was some confusion about the use of my priority points for one night but it was handled. The room was up to date and just as clean as the lobby and restaurant.
My only issues were: no mirror in the room except the bathroom. Typically there is a full length mirror or one over the desk in the guest room. Parking was limited when we returned after the reception at 10 pm and the arm for the gate to enter the side parking lot did not work so we entered the exit side. That needs to be repaired or removed.

I would stay again if traveling in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate that you chose us during your visit to the area. I have passed your kind words along to the staff. It is our commitment to bring a home away from home experience to our guests, so we are always thankful and humbled when a guest takes the time to share their great experience publicly. Additionally, I have addressed your concerns with my General Manager and the owners of the hotel. We are currently looking for an area in our rooms where we can place a mirror and have ordered the parts to repair the swing arm gate. Once again, we appreciate your valuable comments about our staff and property.