“Third time wasn't a charm”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our third stay at this location, and my two previous reviews were more positive. I think the experience here depends on the room you get. The positives: The king nonsmoking was a large room, with fridge microwave, and very clean The bed was a little springy but comfortable.
The bath linens, though threadbare and having some holes, were very clean. There was room to park our pick-up and large trailer. The staff was friendly.
The negatives: Holes in wall and the doors to cabinets were laying in the cabinets. But they were freshly painted holes and clean cabinets. It just felt really shabby.
The dresser had apparently had a tv unbolted from it. Holes were still there. But the TV in the room only got picture AND sound on some channels, unfortunately not on the ones we wanted to watch. Remote didn't work. Checked two ice makers...not working.
Did I say it was clean? At the $50 price point, I don't expect much, but I do expect what is there to work. We usually travel until 10 p.m. or so, just to get up and go again in the morning. This location south of Atlanta gets us well on our way to south Florida, and the location close to two interstate routes is also useful to us.
I gave it a 3 because it is clean and feels safe. No bugs or nasty smells in our experience. But this time was off-putting.

Room Tip: Non-smoking is really non-smoking, no stale smoke smell. Don't get 216.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy D
abvistockbridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2014

I am sorry for the inconveniences that you had to face while being here. Our motel is going over some renovation and we were changing few things around. I am sorry that the ice machine was out of order at the time you were here for your stay.

I am very glad to hear though that you feel VERY SAFE here and that you don't find any "bugs" or "nasty smells" issue. :)
I am glad that overall your stay here was good. I would hope for you to give our motel more chances to offer you great experience and stay!

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta

Reviewed May 4, 2014

After a previous bad experience at this place, I have had a discussion with management and can now report that previous issues have been resolved.

This Hotel offers good value and good proximity to restaurants and other conveniences.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Doug J

I am glad to hear that the matter was resolved successfully. It feels great to hear that you appreciate what our hotel has to offer and that you also enjoy the conveniences offered here. :)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Where to even begin with this dive of a hotel? I am forced by my company to stay here on their corporate lodging account. Firstly, I waited over 1 hour to be picked up by the hotel shuttle. When i Called to see what was taking so long, and said how long I had been waiting, the woman called me a liar. No apology, no "customer is always right" attitude...she just called me a liar. I guess that shatters the myth of southern hospitality.

The rooms are dives....straight out of the 70's decor. Stains on the sheets, dated furnishings. The hot water was only lukewarm. Towel rack torn off the wall sitting on top of the coat rack. Unclean look and feel about everything.

If you are a paying customer, and not forced to be here on your corporate lodging card then avoid this dump at all costs.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Doug J
abvistockbridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Sir, due to certain road conditions due to the weather/snow/ice, our shuttles were running late. I understand your frustration but when our driver was there for you and others, you stated that you were busy at that time. Afterwards, we had not received any call from you stating that you needed to be picked up.

Our rooms are very clean and well kept with great security. You have been our customer for many past times and never was there any complain. If any problem or concern would have been stated to the manager, I assure you that it would have been solved as needed.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you had to face.
I hope that you will give our motel another opportunity and will oversee this one as it was due to weather issues. All of our pick-ups and drop-offs are well set in time, but again due to weather, schedule was little offset.

I appreciate your time and effort in this review as it will only help us improve.
Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2014

If you are looking for a good place to stay in Stockbridge, Georgia that's affordable and close to the interstate I would highly recommend. The staff is extremely professional and courteous. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
abvistockbridge, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

I am extremely that you were satisfied with your stay here. With our convenient location, great price, and high security, we are able to create a good environment for our customers. I appreciate your encouragement and will assure you that we will continue our progressive management in the motel. Thank you.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This property offers convenient access to Atlanta's main business sectors and attractions. I stay at the property often when I need a place to stay in Atlanta without breaking the bank--I have never experienced a problem. The staff is helpful. I enjoy the light breakfast offering of cereal, toast, milk, orange drink, and hot tea or coffee. The rooms are clean, the atmosphere is quiet, and the water is always hot...just a great value when you need to control business expenses.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

It means a lot when a customer feels "secure" in the place they stay in. Our staff and I make sure that the customers staying here receive full security. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here safe and sound. We will continue our full security and cleanliness for the rooms. We hope that you will come back at our place.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

like I said best place to stay if your looking in stockbridge ga. affordable clean and curious. it is the kind of place where you feel taken care of. It is also secure and safe. family owned and operated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank shaizan t

I am glad that your stay with us was quite convenient. I am happy that our staff was able to assist you with everything that was needed to your satisfaction. We will definitely continue to keep up with our security and cleanliness for the rooms. Take care and remember that ABVI Stockbridge GA is always ready to welcome you for your stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great price, great rooms and extremely friendly staff. Samantha (the front desk clerk) was extremely nice, well mannered and greeted me with a smile. (HOW RARE for people in georgia) Next time I'm in stockbridge and need a place to lay my head, i will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Jmalcolm09

Thank you so much for taking your time and encouraging our ABVI in Stockbridge GA . Our happiness comes in the satisfaction of your stay. I am very happy that your stay here with us was one that you will definitely come back to. Again, Thank you very much.