“pretty good for Indian fast food on the south side”
Review of Spice Box Express - CLOSED

Spice Box Express
Cuisines: Indian
McDonough, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pretty good for Indian fast food on the south side”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good flavor and descent selection. Some things are best left traditional though, for example Tandoori Chicken shouldn't be labeled as such if it isn't , however that is the exception and as a rule they have good food and fair prices

Visited October 2013
Thank CitizensBeforeO... F

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Meal Since India :)”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I do not remember ever enjoying Indian Food as much as I have enjoyed this meal tonight. My daughters brought us for my birthday :). Our hostess knew and shared exactly enough information to make my meal perfect. She prepared me a sampler plate that was absolutely perfect ;). Also the best lassi I've had in America. Thank You So Much.

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Nearby :) SPICY :x Strip mall :(”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I did the buffet and sampled almost everything. (This is NOT a self-serve buffet ... you tell the server which items you want and they add some to your tray.) Quality of ingredients seemed very good as was the variety. The addition of a few Vietnamese dishes is out of place but good if you like both as I do. I also like spice but several dishes were SO spicy I could only eat a few bites at a time. Unfortunately, the tiny facility is way too "strip mall"/"fast food" for my taste, complete with plastic silverware, and the beverages, including water, are dispensed from a conventional fountain drink machine. It's nice to have a source for Indian food in Stockbridge but I prefer other options a few miles away when I'm able to spend the time & gas.

• Visited July 2013
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Loved the food, excellent!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food tasted homemade, authentic and just delicious.
The waiter was very kind and genuinely concerned about what our children may or may not like. My family and I will definitely return in the near future.

Visited July 2013
Upland, California
“Good Indian Restaurant, with a friendly staff.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked this place out last week, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I had the buffet and tried a little bit of most everything. I like that they didn't make the food too bland, like most Indian places try to do to satisfy the American pallette. I like to have some spice, and if you are going to have Spice in your name you better deliver, and they do. So that was pleasant. I also liked that they give you Vietmanese Pho, and a Viet style salad, which were also good, though somewhat out of place. The restaurant is small and is mostly targeted towards takeout, so the ambience isn't great, but acceptable for lunch, or a casual dinner with a friend. The staff on the other hand, is really great and helpful, so they are a huge plus. The food is the real centerpiece here though, and that is why we head out to eat anyway, isn't it? I will most certainly seek out this place again if in the area.

• Visited July 2013