“Nearby :) SPICY :x Strip mall :(”
Review of Spice Box Express - CLOSED

Spice Box Express
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Nearby :) SPICY :x Strip mall :(”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I did the buffet and sampled almost everything. (This is NOT a self-serve buffet ... you tell the server which items you want and they add some to your tray.) Quality of ingredients seemed very good as was the variety. The addition of a few Vietnamese dishes is out of place but good if you like both as I do. I also like spice but several dishes were SO spicy I could only eat a few bites at a time. Unfortunately, the tiny facility is way too "strip mall"/"fast food" for my taste, complete with plastic silverware, and the beverages, including water, are dispensed from a conventional fountain drink machine. It's nice to have a source for Indian food in Stockbridge but I prefer other options a few miles away when I'm able to spend the time & gas.

• Visited July 2013

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Loved the food, excellent!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food tasted homemade, authentic and just delicious.
The waiter was very kind and genuinely concerned about what our children may or may not like. My family and I will definitely return in the near future.

Visited July 2013
Upland, California
“Good Indian Restaurant, with a friendly staff.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked this place out last week, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I had the buffet and tried a little bit of most everything. I like that they didn't make the food too bland, like most Indian places try to do to satisfy the American pallette. I like to have some spice, and if you are going to have Spice in your name you better deliver, and they do. So that was pleasant. I also liked that they give you Vietmanese Pho, and a Viet style salad, which were also good, though somewhat out of place. The restaurant is small and is mostly targeted towards takeout, so the ambience isn't great, but acceptable for lunch, or a casual dinner with a friend. The staff on the other hand, is really great and helpful, so they are a huge plus. The food is the real centerpiece here though, and that is why we head out to eat anyway, isn't it? I will most certainly seek out this place again if in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pharmarep1979
Hampton, Georgia
“Pretty good restaurant, though it needs a bit of tweaking”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the nearest Indian restaurant for those of us in Henry county. It is done cafeteria style. The food is very hot (not spicy hot, but hot-hot), but some dishes do have a nice kick to them. We had the chicken korma, which was pretty good, though I have had better. Theirs didn't appear to have any almonds or golden raisins in them, as other chicken kormas I have eaten have had. Also, since this is a cream-based dish, the cream sauce had curdled, which is unavoidable, when it sits awhile and can't be helped. But overall, it tasted pretty good.

We also had the dal fry dish, I think it was called. Cooked yellow lentils. They were spicy and tasted pretty good, but tasted strongly of some spice I couldn't place, and it was just a little too strong. The cabbage and peas were good. Naan bread and samosas are made to order, so they will be fresh.

The atmosphere was nothing special, just a typical cafeteria style. One thing I like; the server will allow one to taste something first before buying.

I wish they made their own ice tea and not had it in bottles. But overall, the restaurant was pretty good and certainly welcome in this county.

• Visited November 2012
McDonough, Georgia
“Finally, GOOD Indian on the Southside!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Susan, one of the owners, I think, was serving from the small buffet. She offered, encouraged actually, a sample taste of everything. They actually made the naan & simosas fresh to order. We were extremely satisfied with everything we had

• Visited August 2012