“What a great place!!!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This was my first stay in a Microtel, and I have to say that I was kind of antsy about staying here. I'm usually a Ramada person. However, this is where my group was staying. I was blown away. From the second I walked through the door, I was treated with smiles and excellent customer service. The entire facility was clean, and the decor made me feel like I'd walked into a much more expensive hotel. When I got to my room, I was a little disappointed when I saw how small it was. However, that was quickly overshadowed by how comfortable the firm bed was, and the very nice window reading nook.

The room I stayed in was a single, with a queen sized bed. I spent a lot of time in the window nook, relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet. Everything was clean and smelled great. The shower had decent water pressure and I never ran out of hot water. The maid service was great, and again, they were very friendly and helpful.

They have a small weight room, and a pool, though I didn't use either of those. I did have breakfast, which admittedly, left a bit to be desired. Bagels and cereal, with some prepackaged muffins and honey buns.

All in all, I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. I've never received a luxury hotel experience at a budget hotel price before. I feel like I've struck upon a gold mine. I can tell you here and now that I'm going to be staying at many Microtels in the future. I would recommend this spot for anyone travelling alone or with a spouse, but if you have a large family who would have to share a room, you may want to find somewhere with larger rooms.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We guaranteed to be clean and ***BED BUG FREE*** In the future call the hotel directly and make a "Guaranteed" reservation and BE SURE to ask for the "Manager's Special". The breakfast is now a 25 item hot Breakfast Buffet that features "Make Your Own Waffles". Next time you are in the area we invite you to stop by and help yourself to our 24 hour coffee bar. Also, if you have a sweet tooth be sure to come down at 6:00 PM to treat yourself to our ALL NEW "Fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer® Cookies. Every room now has Bedside candy waiting for you. We hope you give us a chance to show you all the "Upgrades" that have been added into this southern gem property !

Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here over Christmas while visiting relatives. The bed was extremely comfortable, which was nice. They did not have maid service on Christmas day, which was understandable. However, the next day after we had breakfast we removed the do not disturb sign and went to downtown Atlanta all day for an event filled day. When we returned to our room we discovered our bed had not been made and all the dirty towels and linens were as we left them in the morning. When we went to the front desk to complain, we were told it was too bad. Apparently when the maid (who was also the front desk clerk) came by in the morning, they said we had a sign up so they skipped our room for the entire day. I know I removed the sign up 9am the latest so could not understand why they did not return to our room to clean it later in the morning. They did give us some fresh towels to use, thankfully, but it was nasty to get into unmade bed with day old sheets because of their negligence.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Jamestockbridge, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2009

I do apologise for the misunderstanding with the maid. It is unfortunate that you had to go without your room being cleaned.
We have put in place new procedures so this does not ever happen again.

James Davis

Reviewed April 10, 2009

I stayed in this Microtel Inn & Suites, because my first experience with a Microtel Inn in Michigan was so positive. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in this Microtel Inn in Stockbridge. It had scuff marks on the walls not only in the room, but also in the bathroom. There was a hair in the bathtub, yuk, and a horrible repair job to a wall in the bathroom, adding to a very negative environment. Overall, the room gave me a dirty feeling. The breakfast offered was dismal. The coffee was lukewarm. There was no yoghurt, no fruit available. I was going to mention the hair to the desk person when I checked out, but he was too busy talking on the phone and basically just ignored me until I decided to leave. I will give Microtel another chance, but will never stay at this one in Stockbridge, GA again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We guaranteed to be clean and ***BED BUG FREE*** In the future call the hotel directly and make a "Guaranteed" reservation and BE SURE to ask for the "Manager's Special". The breakfast is now a 25 item hot Breakfast Buffet that features "Make Your Own Waffles". Next time you are in the area we invite you to stop by and help yourself to our 24 hour coffee bar. Also, if you have a sweet tooth be sure to come down at 6:00 PM to treat yourself to our ALL NEW "Fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer® Cookies. Every room now has Bedside candy waiting for you. We hope you give us a chance to show you all the "Upgrades" that have been added into this southern gem property !

Reviewed December 27, 2008

I stayed here in Dec 08, while traveling through GA.

While walking in the hotel, I was very impressed with the decor in the front lobby, it gave me a good feeling about the hotel which was proved right by my stay. The clerk at check in, who was the same one at check out, could not have been nicer. He was very helpful , when I asked to borrow a couple of items that I needed. The service at this hotel was incredible, all the staff I dealt with could not have been nicer.

The room was clean , quiet and comfortable.The room is small, it was the typical Microtel room, but for the price it was great. I had no problems with the WIFI. Bed was fine and I had no problems sleeping on it.

The breakfast included, bagels, toast, grits, oatmeal cereal, juices and coffee, for the price you pay I do not think anyone can complain. My only problem was the small seating area, two tables.

If I need to a place to stay while traveling through Atlanta area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed January 8, 2008

We had just been on a very long trip and in need of a good nights rest.
The room was very nice and the staff very accomadating.
I will return to Microtel Inn & Suites Stockbridge,Ga on our next trip.

Stayed: November 2007

Reviewed September 14, 2007

If you're looking for a cheap but decent hotel this is the place. It's a new building, close to the highway, with grocery stores and restaurants close by. Pleasant staff. The "workout facility" is a treadmill, bike, and one machine. The "breakfast" is very low end -- breads, muffins, juice, coffe. Seems like they could spring for some peanut butter or cream cheese. There was some fresh fruit though. I had a "suite" for $78 -- fridge, microwave, sink and fold out couch.

I'd totally stay here again.

My only compaint is that my first floor room smelled a little funky. Maybe if they cleaned the carpets it would help. The little fitness room in the basement too. The A.C. in my room was off when I went in there, and the A.C. in the gym was off too. I appreiciate that turning these off save energy, but it made the place smell a little weird and damp. But it was by no means unbearable or terrible. Maybe if you stayed on one of the upper floors it would be better.

The only way to get the cheap "highway travel coupon" rate is to book at that rate ahead of time. You cant make the reservation online at a higher price and then get a discount when you show up with the coupon. So CALL the hotel and tell them you have the "Georgia Travel Coupons" and the "Official Interstate Guide" (the hotel is record #GA 4205 in OIG) and that the rate is listed at $44.95.

At that price you wont notice the slight damp smell!

Stayed: September 2007

Reviewed August 7, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was, especially it being a budget hotel. the lobby was especially clean and homely, and served as a quiet area to hang out and relax. overall, our room was nice. it was clean and had all the amenities i expected. the beds were nice and big, and the bathrooms were spacious and clean. i also checked out the pool, which was a quaint and relaxing area. the hotel also had a gym downstairs, something that i didnt know before hand. overall, the serivce was excellent, desk clerks were helpful when it came to lending out ironing boards and such. i had a great stay, and its location being near the country club really makes the area feel upscale.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank debake1234