“Ok but expected more”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Inverness, Florida
“Ok but expected more”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Our check in was fine as was the room but you would expect a suite equipped with cooking area to have a minimum of plates and glassware. Nothing here. Just a microwave and refrig with a nice counter and sink. The TV was set six feet in the air and while not a problem was unusual. We were careful not to hit the wardrobe for fear the TV would come crashing down. The bed was comfortable. Bedding was fine but thin and light weigh. The selection of shampoos and soap in the bathrooms was micro.The breakfast area was micro. The selection of food was micro. They ran out of waffle makings so I settled for a Bagel. Again, a micro breakfast but the price was not micro. We were disappointed and expected a lot more.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear BMessersmith,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

The management team at
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We sent two trucks to Atlanta/Macon GA to help with the Leon snowstorm. One of our crew members saw the Microtel Inn. He had not slept for 40+ hours due to working the storm, traffic and necessity. When I spoke to them, they seemed extremely willing to help us in such a difficult situation. When Garry checked in, they upgraded him to a suite. He was told that they appreciated his help during this time!! GREAT SERVICE. Garry said it is very clean and would encourage anyone to stay there. I know I will next time I head to Florida!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ruby C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your employee's recent visit with us during the 2014 winter storm.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guest. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing their experience and we hope the next visit will be even more pleasant the the previous one.

We would also like to thank your guys working hard during the wintery weather.

Warm regards,

The team at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had to travel to Stock bridge, GA for work. This place was two exits away from most other hotels and in a much quieter area. The woman at the front desk was extremely professional and did a great job of checking me in. I had originally planned to only stay one night, but due to work I had to book for an extra night. She made sure I got the same room so I would feel "at home"! The room was clean and comfortable. Close enough to restaurants, but not near traffic. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ed G
Dear Ed G,

Thank you for taking the time o write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kinds words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,

The team at
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wish I could give negative stars. My husband and I were visiting family in Atlanta and instead of imposing on them we opted to get a hotel room for the night. Clearly we knew that this wasn't a five star hotel when we booked it, the only thing I expect from an inexpensive room is cleanliness and polite staff. The reason I chose this hotel is because it was less than a mile from my uncle's house and the pictures on the website were nice. Check-in was smooth but not pleasant, front desk clerk has zero personality. We went to the room and after driving most the day and visiting with family most the night, we were exhausted. The first thing that assaults you is the smell of cleaner that is so strong that it literally made my eyes burn. I did a quick "cleanliness scan" and noticed hair on top of the comforter (if you could call it that) so I pulled back the sheets and there were probably a minimum of twenty tiny black hairs all over the sheets and pillows and not to mention a stain that I am fairly certain was blood, so we lugged all of our things back downstairs (not any less exhausted) and got switched to another room, sure enough this room was worse! These had long brown hairs all over the place, burns in the sheets, and yellow stained mattress toppers. Also the bed looked completely unmade, like something you leave in the dryer all day so it wrinkles. I was seriously nauseous at this point, my husband wanted to leave but I was so tired I told him lets give it one more try and if it is just as bad then we will leave. So we go to the third room and the bleach smell was so overwhelming my eyes watered and my nostrils burned the rest of the night. The room didn't have hair in the sheets but it certainly wasn't clean either. There is paint all over the carpets, the shower porcelain is cracked, the handle for the toilet is cracked, the old wallpaper is stuck in the lamp over the bed in thick sheets, the sofa in the room was so stained that I didn't even set my luggage down, and the carpet didn't even looked vacuumed. Throughout the entire ordeal the front desk clerk didn't even apologize once. She just told us after the second time that this was the last room she had available. I can't attest to breakfast because this place was so disgusting I didn't even dare think about eating there. We woke up at 7am the next day and were out of there as soon as humanly possible. The sheets are so dry and itchy and the mattresses are harder than rocks, my husband said he would've slept better on the floor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina K
Dear Christina K,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Warm regards,

The team at
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge

Travelers are raving about these Stockbridge hotels

Ellenwood
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Booked for 2 night stay , breakfasts was crappy, and the staff was not helpful, I asked reception for the cleaning lady to do my room while I was gone and they didn't even change the bed sheets . I've stayed in other micohotels much better than this one .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Alfredo P,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will resolved immediately. Since our hotel had a change in management things have been difficult change, but we continue working on them, and I can assure you our management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.
In the future I do hop you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm Regards,