Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South
$139
$121
$75
$63
All reviewswater pressureenjoyed my staywould stay againbagelsstaff was very friendlylemonadeatlantastephanietrafficinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Horrible bed with see though sheets, filthy bathroom floor and pathetic continental breakfast. The worst bed I have ever tried to sleep in; lumpy with no padding. My wife wouldn't even take her shoes off in case she had to go to the bathroom during the night. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
John C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry you had such an experience at our facility.Just for your information we are currrently looking to upgrading our bedding amoung other things. We have also addressed our houskeeping issues. We have put new procedures in place so that this would not re-occur.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Having spent a total of 11 months staying in this Microtel on multiple business trips since 2010, I can say that it represents excellent value for money. The staff have never failed to be friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The rooms serve their purpose: they are clean, comfortable, and very spacious if you have a suite. The amenities exceed the price range - there is a clean pool, cable TV, free Internet, coin laundry, and a small gym. The hotel is immediately off the I-75 so perfectly situated for a road trip. Within walking distance there is Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A, Outback Steakhouse, Subway, Wendy's, DQ, and a gas station. Within a very short drive is Starbucks, Publix, Walmart, and the usual stores that come near them. Midtown Atlanta is about 25 minutes drive away, Turner Field and the airport is 15 minutes, so it's ideally situated just outside of the bustle but close enough to go up for dinner, Braves, or whatever. I wholeheartedly recommend Microtel Stockbridge and will definitely be back myself when work takes me that way again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee W
Heather S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding just down the street. Before I checked in, I took something to a friend's room on the 2nd floor. The entire floor smelled like curry. The room smelled like mildew. When I checked in, I requested a room on the 3rd floor to avoid the stench. When the elevator door opened, the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke made me choke! The room wasn't much better. It smelled of mildew like the room on the 2nd floor. The furniture had stains all over, the AC could not cool the room to a comfortable temperature, and the walls were so thin you could hear everyone staying in the hotel. All this and I paid the rediculous sum of $80 for a room fit for a methlab. I will never stay in a Microtel again! The only positive thing about this slum was the close location to the wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

I am sorry you had a such a bad experience. I can assure you this is not the norm. We do have a a handful of smoking rooms which usually is not an issue. We would been glad to move the guest if the objections were voiced at the time. We are currently going through a renovation process and upgrading our rooms. I again apologise for what you experienced. This is not normal for our hotel. John GM

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We didn't expect to stay here but wound up needing a room at eleven at night with no reservations. We showed up here and got the same rate as on the Internet. Our suite room looked like a circa 1984 Panama City Beach studio rental but it was clean and comfortable. Get a room on the front of the motel or you will hear the monster air units all night. The free breakfast is prison food = orange juice and honey buns. They have free Internet - YAY!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Buffaloney84

A new hot breakfast has been implemented. Your review helped us get Tripadvisor "Top 10" in Stockbridge, GA! Thank you for your excellent review. Our hotel does provide a great value, and your review explains why this hotel is the busiest hotel in Stockbridge. Our staff truly care about providing "Southern Hospitality". Next time, be sure to enjoy our new "Nacho's Social Hour" & Cookies that are freshly baked each evening. Also, we will have "Make Your Own" waffles waiting in the morning for you. We will see you next time!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I was on my way to FL with my sister and we decided that we were going to stop for the night since we were out of ATL. I pulled up Microtel on my GPS, I called, got their rates and we decided that is where we would stop.
We arrive and as we are getting out of the car a young lady comes around the corner and stops. I thought nothing of it, she then walked in behind us. My sister and I were waiting for the night clerk for about 10 minutes, during this time the lady starts talking to us, we are polite people so we acknowledged her. The night clerk tells us to come into the lobby to sign the paper work and as we walked in so did the lady saying she had to use the restroom. We leave to go get our bags and the lady follows us, grabs a bag and says here let me help you. At this point my sister and I are a little on edge. This lady follows us up to our room and my sister has to stop her at the door to keep her from coming in. We both said that was really weird and decided to start checking the room for bed bugs (always do this!) I pull back the mattress and crawling on the bedskirt is a silverfish. My sister and I decided to get a new room (plus we were still freaked out by the lady that followed us).
We went downstairs and the clerk gave us a room directly under our old one. We walk in and as we are getting ready to check for bugs, the smoke alarm starts beeping. Every 30-45 seconds, beep... beep.... my sister said there was no way should would be able to sleep so between that, the bug & the creepy lady, we decided to leave.
We went to the front desk, told the clerk about the smoke alarm, she said that they had just had their inspection, I said that's fine, but I'm not staying here. She gave me a full refund and asked me about the lady that came in with us, I said that she is not with us and then she told me that she had been sitting in the stairwell the whole time... that freaked me out even more! I wasn't gonna hang around to see what that lady was all about...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniferL84
Heather S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We guaranteed to be clean and ***BED BUG FREE*** In the future call the hotel directly and make a "Guaranteed" reservation and BE SURE to ask for the "Manager's Special". The breakfast is now a 25 item hot Breakfast Buffet that features "Make Your Own Waffles". Next time you are in the area we invite you to stop by and help yourself to our 24 hour coffee bar. Also, if you have a sweet tooth be sure to come down at 6:00 PM to treat yourself to our ALL NEW "Fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer® Cookies. Every room now has Bedside candy waiting for you. We hope you give us a chance to show you all the "Upgrades" that have been added into this southern gem property !