Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South
GreenLeadersSilver level
louisiana
“Loved The Hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We had just been on a very long trip and in need of a good nights rest.
The room was very nice and the staff very accomadating.
I will return to Microtel Inn & Suites Stockbridge,Ga on our next trip.

Stayed November 2007
Heather S, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We guaranteed to be clean and ***BED BUG FREE*** In the future call the hotel directly and make a "Guaranteed" reservation and BE SURE to ask for the "Manager's Special". The breakfast is now a 25 item hot Breakfast Buffet that features "Make Your Own Waffles". Next time you are in the area we invite you to stop by and help yourself to our 24 hour coffee bar. Also, if you have a sweet tooth be sure to come down at 6:00 PM to treat yourself to our ALL NEW "Fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer® Cookies. Every room now has Bedside candy waiting for you. We hope you give us a chance to show you all the "Upgrades" that have been added into this southern gem property !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed September 14, 2007

If you're looking for a cheap but decent hotel this is the place. It's a new building, close to the highway, with grocery stores and restaurants close by. Pleasant staff. The "workout facility" is a treadmill, bike, and one machine. The "breakfast" is very low end -- breads, muffins, juice, coffe. Seems like they could spring for some peanut butter or cream cheese. There was some fresh fruit though. I had a "suite" for $78 -- fridge, microwave, sink and fold out couch.

I'd totally stay here again.

My only compaint is that my first floor room smelled a little funky. Maybe if they cleaned the carpets it would help. The little fitness room in the basement too. The A.C. in my room was off when I went in there, and the A.C. in the gym was off too. I appreiciate that turning these off save energy, but it made the place smell a little weird and damp. But it was by no means unbearable or terrible. Maybe if you stayed on one of the upper floors it would be better.

The only way to get the cheap "highway travel coupon" rate is to book at that rate ahead of time. You cant make the reservation online at a higher price and then get a discount when you show up with the coupon. So CALL the hotel and tell them you have the "Georgia Travel Coupons" and the "Official Interstate Guide" (the hotel is record #GA 4205 in OIG) and that the rate is listed at $44.95.

At that price you wont notice the slight damp smell!

Stayed September 2007
Riverdale, GA
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was, especially it being a budget hotel. the lobby was especially clean and homely, and served as a quiet area to hang out and relax. overall, our room was nice. it was clean and had all the amenities i expected. the beds were nice and big, and the bathrooms were spacious and clean. i also checked out the pool, which was a quaint and relaxing area. the hotel also had a gym downstairs, something that i didnt know before hand. overall, the serivce was excellent, desk clerks were helpful when it came to lending out ironing boards and such. i had a great stay, and its location being near the country club really makes the area feel upscale.

• Liked — The decor in the lobby
  • Disliked — Small breakfast area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank debake1234
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed January 23, 2007

This was the most unpleasant hotel stay of my life. I've stayed in at least 100 inns during my lifetime and this certainly came across as horrible.
1) The bed was quite hard. It was after 1am and I didn't want to cause fuss, being quite tired, so my girlfriend and I slept. I woke up in the morning to a really sore back. It felt like I hadn't slept at all! It was a horrible sleep.
2) The air conditioner / heater: The heater was put on automatic setting. The heater never seemed to go off the entire night. I woke up completely dry in my nose and mouth. An awful feeling. I would expect more in a device....
3) I requested an iron/ironing board sent to my room. The desk person replied that it was against rules/regulations to bring that to my room. I had to get it myself. That was it...I'd had it..

I spoke with the person at the desk, who was quite terse and majorly stoic in personality. I was just given a bill (no -- "how was your stay?" "good morning, did you sleep well", etc.). Of course, I complained about the annoyances that I'd had with the place and my dissatisfaction with having to pay $55 for such a lousy night. I requested that I be given the special rate of $40 (like all other tenants) at least to address my grievances. The person wouldn't budge. I asked for the manager. That person was overtly rude and lacked the most basic of customer service -- to make sure the customer has his grievances acknowledged and acted upon. All I was told was that my situation violated "rules/regulations". I was disgusted. I went ahead and paid the bill, after I signed the person said, with intrinsic sarcasm, "have a nice day" I kept my calm so as to not illicit any further rage (which might have resulted in these folks calling the police, & I wasn't about to enter into that pandora's box, especially in a (likely) conservative haven with limited understaning for the basic of human feelings)

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank jeremyelectric
Jamestockbridge, Customer Services Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Stockbridge/Atlanta South, responded to this review, March 25, 2007
There are numerous claims made by this guest which are untrue and inaccurate. His main complaint was the rate and because he did not given a reduced/discounted rate a barrage of complaints were made about the hotel.
1) Guest claimed the bed was quite hard. Our beds are less than 4 years old and are firm which are accepted as comfortable by even the high end hotels.
2)Air conditioning units are less than 4 years old and have been maintained on on regular basis(have records to prove it). We cannot be responsible to how the guest sets the thermostat.
3)Regarding ironing board and iron sent to his room. We are limited service hotel and do not provide room service. Our hotel falls in the Economy /Midscale category and guest should be fully aware that room service would not be provided.
4) Guest complained he did not get a special rate of $40.00. Our promotion rate for guests who have a special coupon are given the special rate of $40.00. This guest did not have a coupon did not have a coupon. He simply cannot expect a special rate without qualifying.

5)Not at any time did the guest complain about his room. He only complained at checkout hoping to get a discount. We always address any complaints by providing an upgrade or an alternative room at the time.

The hotel is kept to a high standard. The customer service provided is always warm and freindly but we will not be bullied into giving a guest discount for no reason.

John Chauhan

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 6, 2006

Given the cost of the other Hotels in the area, this was a good find and I got it from Tripadvisor. The Microtel is convenient to restaurants, the expressway, grocery and basically everything you'll need. This is a great place for families as it is clean, confortable and afforable. I would stay their again and have already recommended it to others.

4 Thank Poverty Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2005

Our family of four stayed in this hotel while in the area for a soccer tournament. When we arrived after sitting for two and a half hours in Atlanta traffic, the lady at the front desk could not have been nicer or more helpful. She helped us find a restaurant nearby for supper and gave us directions on how to get there. Also, when we got to our room, none of the overhead lights worked. This same front desk employee apologized, assigned us to another room immediately, and checked out our new room personally to make sure everything was ok. The rooms were large and clean and had plenty of storage. Each room has a window box seat in it which is a very handy place to store luggage or for guests to have a seat. The hotel offers a good, basic continental breakfast with such items as cereal, English muffins, and pasteries. If we return to this same soccer tournament next year, we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business