“Very Comfortable One-Night Stay”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I needed a hotel to stay in overnight before flying out of the ATL airport. At first, I wanted a hotel closer to the airport but after reading reviews for all types of hotels in that area, it seemed like most had reviews mentioning car break-ins or they charged for parking. So I decided, to branch out just a little further (about 15-20 minutes from international terminal) to see what other options were available. We weren’t too concerned about the drive to the airport since it would be a Saturday morning… not sure if that drive makes you hit rush hour during weekdays. Anyway, we settled on the Hampton Inn Stockbridge, and it ended up being a great choice for us.

The price was reasonable. The room was nice- very comfortable bed, AC worked well, clean, fridge/microwave/sink section, and the common areas were nice. We also used the office area to print our boarding passes with no problem. Breakfast options in the morning were plentiful as well. We didn’t explore the area around the hotel too much so I can’t say much about it, but we did find a great pizza place from reviews that is a couple of miles away from the main area. I recommend looking up Tony’s at Brentwood and trying one of their pizzas if you want some good food in the area. I think they even deliver to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. We like to thank everons how stays here is happy with the service.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge

Reviewed September 6, 2013

In town for a wedding and this hotel was one of the choices. The room was reasonable.On the second day, the room was humid even though the AC was on. When we came back in the evening, the carpet was damp. Also, the tub started backing up and would not drain properly. I reported the issues to the front desk and the response was the room above ours on the second floor was also having the same problem. .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DGB65
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Sorry about the issue with your room I would like to thank your for letting me know what happened.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for people traveling on business. The service I received was inconceivable when I requested and paid for a suite upon arrival finding a burnt microwave mixed with smoking smell. When asked to move rooms the next morning after my clothes were already saturated in the smell, they could not do anything about it until the next night. Needless to say, I was not impressed nor would I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Leslie I
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Sorry about the microwave. We wood have paid to clean your clothes this is not the type of service we give. Thank you for letting me know about this issue.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel room was so damp that the carpet was wet and the room smelled terrible. We just stayed at the hotel to get a good night sleep while traveling. We were actually concerned about Mold in the room with all the dampness. We will not be staying at this hotel again. We are supporters of Hampton's and were shocked at the condition of this location.

2  Thank Kari K

Sorry the carpet was damp but we just had it cleaned. The front dask should have told you. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great hotel. Staff wonderful. Will stay here again. Recommend to everyone. I would would rate this hotel as a very good deal for the cost. Breakfast very good as well. I would recommend either a short or long stay here if necessary. I do not see any changes that I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments we enjoy all our guest. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Overall it was an okay experience. My step children cut their foot in the pool because the bottom was chipping. The front desk took forever to check us in because he was done the hall talking. Overall rooms were very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I am sorry about the pool bottom we have fixed it. thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Hampton in July on our way to Orlando. I got the room with a huge discount, so that's something to keep in mind. I think I paid $85 for a one-bedroom king suite with kitchenette. The room was enormous and relatively clean. It was kind of musty-smelling and freezing. We turned the AC down and realized why it was so high. Musty smell increased quite a bit. Upon taking off my shoes I noticed that the carpet was cold and damp. They must have cleaned it recently? Location was ok. Right off the interstate. Limited restaurants in the vicinity. We got great service at the O'Charley's. The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and we were recognized as Hilton Diamond members. The breakfast was the best we've ever had at a Hampton. Seriously, it was good! Overall, for the price we paid, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your comments I will look into the smell in the room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockbridge
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake
Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge
Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge
#15 of 19 in Stockbridge

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge? Share your experiences!