“They took all of my travel allotment during my stay and I was without funds for 2 days”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Concord, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Awful...the hotel lost track of my prepaid res. and then charged my acct. for the full amount of my stay. I was without travel funds for 2-days. the FD agent expressed that only a "HOLD" would be placed until they figured out what happened. The Hotel did not offer an apology or a comp. room when brought to their attention

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Timothy J
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We authorize credit cards for payment at check in. It is our falt the guest didn't have enought money for the trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were in town for my Aunt's funeral & this staff made sure that we had a comfortable room with the best price available. The room was very clean & it was so nice to have a clean comfortable bed to sleep in after a very stressful day. The breakfast was very good, many items to choose from. Thanks for making a stressful time a little more bearable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are sorry for your loss & hope the next tiime you stay with us. it will be for FUN. Thank you for your comments.
Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I arrived at this hotel on a business trip and was promptly checked in. They made sure everything was in order before I went to my room. When I had trouble getting the internet access set up, I called the front desk and they had me connected right away. The breakfast room is larger than other Hampton Inn's I've visited and there is coffee available all day (and hot water for tea). The room was clean and very large - it included a fridge, microwave, and an extra sink for dishes. I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your likd comments we try to do the right thing by all our guest.
Georgia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was convenient to Atlanta, but not in the middle of all the traffic. We could visit the places we wanted to in Atlanta and return to this hotel to find peace and quiet. The staff was very helpful and made sure we were well taken care of the entire stay. Would stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
judy s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with. The hotel has been renovated.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Excellent service - called for a room reservation while on the road, and Chris at the front desk took very good care of us. Room was very clean and well-maintained - but tired decor needs updating. There was a Post-It note on the bed frame assuring that all bed linens and the duvet were fresh and clean. (I'm not sure who would need an inch-thick duvet in a non-igloo setting, however.) Some scrimping on basics - paper cups for beverages (i.e. bathroom water "glass", and a "glass" of wine in a paper coffee cup) and teeny bar of face soap for the shower. Beds were very comfortable, and we slept very well - the primary goal.
Breakfast buffet was excellent - hot, fresh oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, steak-egg-cheese-breakfast burritos, plus rolls, cereals, and plenty of fruits and juices.
Would take very little to bump this up to an above-average place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Personally love this hotel as far as location. Have stayed here from its opening. Used to stay across the street. Overall, noticed somethings on this stay that weren't of the quality of previous stays. Room cleanliness, was lacking or attention to detail. The room cleaners eating out of the breakfast buffet before the buffet was over for the guests of the hotel. Don't know what that was all about. Showed a lack of management. Pool was dirty. Gym area, treadmill was inoperable. Staff was decent. I will stay again, when I'm in the area. But, a good hotel that is sliding behind the curve.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
judy s, Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stockbridge, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for the information I will fix the issues you have pointed out.
Gallatin
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Easy to find from the highway. No hassle with the reservation. Used our Member points and was treated just fine. Great places to eat within walking didtance.

Room Tip: Didn't try the breakfast, left too early