“Cousin Trip”

Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days here during a family outing. The hotel was okay considering they were going through a renovation. The staff was helpful and professional. The continental breakfast was okay for me. All I need is a waffle and I am good to go. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. The only problem we had was with housekeeping staying by our room trying to clean the rooms prior to our departure during the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Susan P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank You for responding to the survey,We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I was relocating in this area and needed a hotel for a week.. Found the sleep Inn and was very impressed even though they were redoing carpet floors, on the 1st floor, from previous flood due to weather ..
The people at front desk was very friendly and accommodating... The complementary breakfast was more than adequate with cold and hot food, delicious and fresh... The breakfast area was always clean and stocked....The place was kept very clean downstairs and in my room, which was a great size...the walls are NOT paper thin, I couldn't hear anything when I shut my door.. The bathrooms were big and very clean... Great water pressure..
The front desk remembered my name as I came and went and were so nice ...nice pool
I am very satisfied with my stay and will be back....

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We were happy to here you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

What kind of motel takes a request for a morning wakeup call and then immediately tosses it in the garbage can never to be worried about ever again?

Why, The Stockbridge Sleep Inn, of course.
At least, now I know where the place gets its name from!!!

Don't believe the positive Trip Advisor reviews:

Aside from completely neglecting to follow through on a 9am wakeup call we had placed with the front desk the night before, my wife, my 9-year old girl and I were treated to a first impression of (what appeared to be) a homeless guy sleeping on a chair in the lobby at midnight as we checked in-- a little disconcerting considering the pretty crummy neighborhood in which this place is located.

Not surprisingly after that display, our room turned out to be dingy and outdated, with a stained institutional-style carpet, and bed spreads straight outta the 80's.

My wife and I were trying to wind down from the first 11-hour leg of our 18 hour drive south by watching the finale of True Detectives in our room(thank goodness they actually had HBO!). Unfortunately, at least five times during the one hour episode, we couldn't hear a word anyone was saying on the television because of some of the loudest "plumbing noises" I have ever heard in my life. It truly scared me the first time it happened because it sounded exactly like how I would imagine a Greyhound bus driving through the cinder-block wall and into my room would sound. This continued sporadically throughout the night making it obviously difficult to sleep for most of it.

Strangely enough, the room next to us had their TV on and I could hear every word from THAT T.V. all night long! I'm not sure if it was because the guy's T.V. was on too loud, or if it was just the fact that the walls of our room were paper thin. Somehow, I keep thinking it's the latter.

What made the stay here extra annoying, however, was the reaction my wife received from Sue, the front desk lady, the next morning when my wife relayed to her our disappointment with the quality of our stay.

Sue told her (quite curtly) that if my wife had a problem with the neighbors T.V. being too loud, then she should have called the front desk and complained. Maybe so, but this type of condescending lecture is not quite the reaction you want to hear from someone who hasjust enquired as to how you enjoyed your stay.
It was evident that not a single flying you-know-what was given by Sue when she was confronted by the fact that we were less than impressed with the ridiculously loud plumbing noises in our room and that they took our wakeup call request and simply blew it off (causing us to get a late start on our way to the beach). After an uncomfortable checkout silence where we were expecting at least maybe a half-assed apology, we were given nothing but a copy of our final discount-free receipt.

As a result of our stay at The Stockbridge Sleep Inn, I would only feel right about recommending this motel to patrons who are not very concerned with customer service, room quality or security, and who are also legally deaf and don't particularly need to be anywhere at any certain time.

Choose another hotel at this exit. There's a ton of 'em and I gotta figure some of them have to take a little pride in what they're doing. This one surely doesn't.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim J
Reviewed February 23, 2014

With a friendly and knowledgeable staff, this well maintained property was both functional and affordable. The location gives you easy access to the things you want in Atlanta, without the things you don't. Although my wife and myself arrived very late at night, it was business as usual with Amari. This is not your typical night clerk. Both friendly and eager to see to your needs. Went well beyond any expectations to assist me with a slight booking issue. Actually, she gave me a room key without delay and before I had even unloaded our vehicle, the issue was resolved. Also Regina worked a way to allow us to use our reward points and stay and extra day. Thanks to everyone on staff for a great stay.

Room Tip: first floor defaintly
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bobby t
Susan P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your review, We look foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a run down area. Many dilapidated closed restaurants close by and lots of interesting people walking around. The hotel is ok but lower than the norm for Sleep Inns. I don't think I would stay here with my family. Staff is very nice. Rooms are noisy.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The room was nice, however, it could use a little more work. The pillow cases and sheets had tears in them. There were visible rodent baits in the room. The bathroom was clean, loved the shower. All in all it wasn't too bad, price was good. Like I said just need to work on the bed linens, then it would receive 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Camm22
Susan P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I'm very sorry we did not enjoy your stay.We do hope you weill give us another chance.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family stayed on Aug. 2nd on our way to Fl. The hotel was between two mediocre looking hotels and I was concerned about sharing parking lot space. The Sleep Inn in comparison to the others was well maintained. We checked into our non smoking room which we requested. The room was clean and odor free so I was happy. Due to the fact that I have asthma, if I smell any smoke from previous customers, I request a room change. Thankfully I didn't have to. Our stay was pleasant and we checked out on Sat. and had no issues. When we returned home Sat. the 10th of Aug., our bank statement revealed they took out 100.00 fee for smoking! I called to ask to speak to a manager to find out what this was regarding and she said there was no manager in until Mon. morning. Does anyone else find it annoying that they can't get issues resolved on the weekend? I called back today and spoke with a manager who said I would have to speak with the owner. When I asked to do so I was told he wasn't in. I've been calling all day to speak with him and still haven't heard from him. My issue is still not resolved. I will never stay at a hotel again that doesn't have a parent corporation company again.

• Stayed: August 2013