“Ok with the potential to be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagles Nest Inn

Eagles Nest Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Cairo, Georgia
“Ok with the potential to be good”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stopped into the La Quinta for a one night's stay during a trip through eastern Georgia. I chose the La Quinta because (1) it was a little bit cheaper than most other hotels in Statesboro and (2) I have had good stays in a La Quinta. The desk clerk was very helpful and had me in a room quickly. The room was clean but there were some "misses". The tub had mildew buildup on the caulk, there was a substance on the sink counter top, and the sofa in the room had stains on it. The bed was comfortable (firm not pillow top) but the air conditioner was loud enough to wake you when it turned on. Very little sound insulation; I could hear people in the hallway and as I walked the hallway to the elevator I could hear the TV in many rooms. The hallway walls were scuffed and the elevator floor indicator was extremely dusty. The breakfast room is tiny for a hotel this size with only 4 or 5 tables. Food was ok and a fly kept pestering me the whole time I ate. If the owner of the property would take better care of it, this would be a great place for a night's stay. I'm sure there are better places to stay in Statesboro and I would recommend any one of them over this La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed here many times. My apologies to all of you for not letting everyone know what a great place it is to stay. The location, the rooms, THE STAFF, make it feel like you are coming home. I thought they treated me special because I come there a lot until the day I watched a first time visitor get the same treatment. I thought that was so nice. When you call to make your reservation they tell you have a safe trip here. When you leave to go home they tell you be safe going home. The rooms are nice. They have black out curtains it is just a GREAT place to stay!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was a great place to stay at clean friendly I just enjoy it the bed was awesome the place was very clean and the people was very friendly the food was also great I would and will come back again I had death in the family and that's why I was there to be with family and I enjoy the stay at La Quinta

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We needed a hotel after the Masters and one which would host our dog as well. La Quinta fills the bill and this location is approx. 1 1/2 hours from Augusta, so it was perfect.
The rooms were clean as most LQ's are. I was looking forward to breakfast of fake eggs and sausage, but there weren't any. So, I had cereal and a partial waffle.
All in all, if you're looking for a place to stop after going to The Master, this one fits that agenda.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in town for one night and booked sort of last minute. I have never stayed at La Quinta before, but read other reviews and took a chance. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was decent and the staff was polite. I would consider staying again if I were in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed yet again at this hotel in Statesboro, while visiting my son who had a game this weekend. The location of the hotel is perfect, and the quality of the stay is always a constant. This time I had my dogs with me, and it was a very comfortable stay for them, as well. I always find the staff to be cheerful and helpful. The breakfast, while not extensive, has all of the basics - cereals, proteins, waffles, juices. Coffee is pretty good, too! I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I go to Statesboro. The value is great, and they have a handy rewards program.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo