“Great place to stay”

Eagle's Nest Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great place to stay. The staff is friendly and responsive to guest needs. It is in a great location. Breakfast is awesome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I got to the hotel early for check-in and was very surprised that I was able to check-in without having to wait. Shanada at the front desk was very very professional and kind to myself and my son (who is special needs). We were able to visit the indoor pool and have a relaxing time before we had to be at our event. Every time Shanada saw myself or my son, she greeted me by name and asked if we were having a good time. This made my stay very pleasant, thanks to Shanada! Great employee!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This will be my last time to stay at this location. Our room smelled so heavily of smoke that my allergies were triggered. The management did spray the room 4 times but it did not even dent the smoke smell and i was told there were no other rooms available. My previous visit we were eaten up with fleas. Luckily no fleas this time. The free breakfast was not available after 9am as it had already been picked over and cleaned up,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and had never stayed with Laquinta before. I am Platinum with Hilton Honors and Gold with Marriott.

My wife and I travelled to last weekend (March 3, 2012) to Statesboro, Ga to meet my son who was to play a Rugby match Emory vs. Ga Southern. We choose Laquinta cause we had our dog (we live 5 hours away).

My son arrived from Atlanta the day before to join us for the match and had his own room with his friend.

Every part of our stay was perfect, our stress was due to the storms and tornadoes that were ripping threw the area. The Rugby match was cancelled and after breakfast the team went back to Atlanta and we headed back to Florida.

The staff of the hotel were kind and professional realizing the storms severity. As we were packing up one housekeeper came out with a Rugby shirt my son left in his room. I left my appointment book(I am a Psychologist) and address book in the room, consider the stress of weather so severe it made national news. While we made our way back to Florida, a 5 hour trip that took 12 hours due to severe weather, we got a text that I left the books in the room.

The text was from Shanda German, front desk manager. We spoke with a front desk professional Ms. Jess Cirino, who had checked us in and recommended very good choices for restaurants in the area. Ms. Cirino that evening located my appointment book and address book and was kind enough to fax me this weeks appointments. She also went to fedex store on Monday and overnighter me the books. I am sure she did this on her own time. I am a one man office and had she had not faxed the weeks appointments I would have just spent 10 hours a day in the office to see who turned up.

Please feel free to use my name and information, I am more than impressed by your staff.

Howard Sherman
Lake Mary, Fl

Room Tip: we had two rooms on the first floor, best for wheelchairs and pets. if you have a pet or special...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cumming GA
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I realize this is a college town, however, it had basic things that were a problem. Even with a cheap price.

Let's start with the good first. The rooms were good size and lighting in halls were good. Service during checking in was also ok.

Now the not so good....My room had cigarette burns and smelled. We had another family with us so we met down at the "pool". It was disgusting and clearly not maintained well.

Would not recommend unless you don't have other options.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I'm a LaQuinta Rewards Elite Member and have stayed with this chain for over 20 years coast to coast - about 100 nights a year. Generally, I LOVE this chain HOWEVER this particular location is a franchise and it operates with a much lower standard than I have come to expect with LaQuinta over the years. Bar none, this is the absolute worst LaQuinta I have ever stayed it. The front desk is rude. I was directed to the pool and times, breakfast and times, etc... at check in but they failed to mention that the pool seems permanently closed after you check in - just as well because it's absolutely filthy. Breakfast closes earlier than they tell you. There wasn't enough toilet paper in the room for even one night's stay. And although the beds looked fabulous at first site, I spent the entire night trying not to roll off the worn out mattress and the sheets and blankets are made for a smaller sized bed so that was a wrestling match all night too. Old tv's in the rooms. And they're "PET TOLERANT" not so much "PET FRIENDLY" - meaning pet owners really get the crappiest they have to offer. Very disappointing for my favorite hotel chain. Not at all pleased.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business