“Great value”

Days Inn Statesboro
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
“Great value”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here while passing through on the way to Charleston, SC. We did not have advance reservations and actually got the last room at around 8pm. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was on the bottom floor and very clean. It was just what we needed for a quick stop on the way to our vacation. The next morning we had a pleasant breakfast and again, the staff was very friendly. Everyone we encountered said "Good morning" and they made sure we had everything we needed. If you are looking for a clean, safe, and economical option for a quick stay or even a weekend, this was a great value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Heather H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am glad that my staff was accomodating and made sure your stay was more than comfortable. I will be certain to pass your compliments to the entire staff. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Andy Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Statesboro
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room was updated and very very nice. Thick comfortable bed. After a long day at a Ga Southern parents sessions, it was so nice to come to a wonderful room and a thick bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Gloria W,
We want you to know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your stay wiwth us.. Your feedback is very important to us as it lets us know how we are doing and how we can improve our product and service. We take great pride in providing a comfortable and warm experience at a budget price. I am glad that your experience was no exception. We look forward to serving you again.

Andy Anderson
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in June 2014;the staff were all nice and helpful, check in desk staff on 6/11 was especially pleasant. We had an 'incident' with one of the children and it was handled without making us feel bad. I was certainly grateful for that. Breakfast was ok - continental plus a couple of extra choices. My 10 year old loved the freshly made waffles.. room was reasonably clean, carpet was vacuumed but dirty underfoot - I recommend wear flip flops. Had a little scare with a really big spider on our suitcase, dead roach under the drawers. That tells me they spray the rooms but housekeeping needs to follow up for a more thorough clean up. I'm not sure, but it seems beds are made every other day, at least that is what we experienced. My main issue was being put in a room without a microwave or refrigerator! With young kids, I needed to keep milk and some things cold. They offered for us to use the fridge in the lobby, but that was so inconvenient, going downstairs if needed late at night. When I requested a room change I was told I didn't book directly with the hotel and they couldn't do anything because I booked through priceline.com and besides they were full. It seemed more like a penalty for going through a booking service instead of directly with them. Overall, it wasn't an unpleasant experience and it is about 5 mins from Ga Southern.

Room Tip: Ask ahead for specifics you might need like, getting a room with a microwave and fridge if that is i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear momof3and1,
Thank you for your honest evaluation of your experience . We appreciate your compliments; however, i'm more concerend about those issues you encountered that made your stay less than comfortable. It is true that when booking through a third party, we are limited to making any changes. In this particular case, booking through Priceline had nothing to do with getting a room without a microwave and refrigerator. Not all of our rooms can safely be fitted with these amenities, but we could have advised you at the time. Third party booking do not always alert us of these request which limits out options at check in. Your finding a dead bug in the drawer is a "shame on us" for not catching this prior to your arrival and will be addressed to housekeeping department. Iam sorry your carpet was not to standards. We do schedule professional carpet cleaners on a regular basis and will ensure this room is addressed. I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Statesboro. Please be sure to contact us to ensure we assign you a room with any special amenities you may require. Sincerely, Andy Anderson