“Very nice, 3 times in a row”

Days Inn Statesboro
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very nice, comfortable, clean, reasonable price and the staff always had a smile. It is very nice to stay here when visiting my daughter at GSU. We have stayed in a few other hotels when visiting GSU but this is our first choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cjatlanta2

Reviewed June 25, 2012

One night stay at this property in June, 2012; two adults, one child. Room #202.

Pros:
1) Good location, relative to Georgia Southern University (which was the purpose of our trip)
2) Clean room with decent-comfort, double beds
3) Clean bathroom, with standard, fully functional features
4) Easy access and strong Wi-Fi signal in the room
5) Quick and easy check-in/check-out
6) Complimentary breakfast (continental style) with more than ample seating
7) Nice pool, though a bit small
8) Grocery store on the same block, made for easy access to snacks and drinks for the room
9) Excellent Thai restaurant called "Coconut Thai" less than 5 minute walk from hotel; fast food even closer

Cons:
1) Weekend rate is >$20/night higher than weekday rates. I understand some rate pressure for weekend nights, but this was a bit much, considering the quality and amenities of this property.
2) TV was a bit dated and some channels would not connect.

Overall, this is a decent hotel and would probably stay again in the future, if I needed to be directly across from the Ga Southern U football practice fields, but only if nightly rates were reasonable.

Room Tip: Hotel only has two floors, but didn't appear to have an elevator, so if travelers could not hand...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GATraveller
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This motel is a good place to stay for a night or two. The rooms are clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff. The only complaint I had was the A/C does not get cold making the stay somewhat uncomfortable. I would stay here again for a night or two but nothing beyond that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KeitaAtlanta
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The check-in procedure was smooth and desk personnel were friendly. The female desk clerk did announce loudly that we would be in room 102, which I consider to be a no-no. I asked if the breakfast would be served earlier than 6 am since most of the guests were leaving early in the am for the Masters in Augusta, and was told no. (Thus we purchased breakfast items, just to discover in the am that indeed they did open early, which was quite thoughtful, but should have been posted.)
The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable, but piled high with pillows which we did not use, as prefer our own. The spread was ugly and immediately removed to the corner. I prefer the duvet style bedding as feel it is more sanitary. The lightbulb in one of the wall lights by the bed was burned out. The TV was an old style, but worked. The bath was large; the linens were on the cheap side and rather "rough".
Overall it was an okay stay. I would not want to stay more than one night there.
The rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eyenurse
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to relay your experience with us. I am truly sorry that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, I assure you that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the announcement of your room and being told that we would not consider opening breakfast earlier. The security of our guests is extremely important and I have addressed this with my staff. Our breakfast times are established based on the needs of our guest and you should have been advised that we would be open early to accommodate early risers. As an economy hotel, we try to offer the best in quality with emphasis on cleanliness while offering affordable accommodations. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 912-681-7700, Andy Anderson, GM

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This motel was clean and updated. The front office staff was average. The breakfast was a joke. My main complaint is that our non-smoking room smelled like a "bar" in the bathroom. Apparently, the rooms behind ours were smoking rooms. When the light/fan was turned on in our bathroom, all of this cigarette smoke smell was pulled into our room. It was disgusting! I mentioned it to the front desk clerk when I checked out and she said she would alert housekeeping. Please, the entire venting system need to be fixed!! The price is right and the motel is clean, but I would not stay here again unless I was assured I would have a room no where near the smoking rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank horsemom29036
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your experience during your stay. I am truly sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered. I really wished you could have brought this personally to my attention so that I could have immediately addressed each of these specific issues.
I want to assure you that your experience is certainly not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guest. We encourage each guest to comment on what they like and how we can improve and we certainly appreciate your response. New policies have been implemented to ensure non-smokers are segregated from smoking rooms to resolve recurrences of this problem.
Regarding our breakfast, we strive to offer a variety of items; however, we are always open for suggestions from our guests.
Each and every one of our guest are important to us and we strive to assure our accommodations and service is above and beyond expectations.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was a great experience. I was treated like royalty! The room was clean and updated. The breakfast was great and the value was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Lucy1981W
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out to express your recent experience at the Days Inn of Statesboro. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Compliments such as yours is what makes our staff continue to provide the best in cleanliness and customer service. If we can be of further service, please let us know.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were going to Georgia Southern with our daughter for their open house. To be honest I had tried to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn but they were booked. The Holiday inn was twice the price of the Days Inn. I can not comment on the Holiday Inn because I haven't stayed there but was VERY pleasantly suprised with the Days Inn. The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable. The hotel was packed but could not hear any noise at night. For the quality and price I will stay there again if we go back to GSU.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family