“OK for the money”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Chapin, SC
“OK for the money”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This motel was clean and updated. The front office staff was average. The breakfast was a joke. My main complaint is that our non-smoking room smelled like a "bar" in the bathroom. Apparently, the rooms behind ours were smoking rooms. When the light/fan was turned on in our bathroom, all of this cigarette smoke smell was pulled into our room. It was disgusting! I mentioned it to the front desk clerk when I checked out and she said she would alert housekeeping. Please, the entire venting system need to be fixed!! The price is right and the motel is clean, but I would not stay here again unless I was assured I would have a room no where near the smoking rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank horsemom29036
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your experience during your stay. I am truly sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered. I really wished you could have brought this personally to my attention so that I could have immediately addressed each of these specific issues.
I want to assure you that your experience is certainly not typical of the quality of service and hospitality we offer our guest. We encourage each guest to comment on what they like and how we can improve and we certainly appreciate your response. New policies have been implemented to ensure non-smokers are segregated from smoking rooms to resolve recurrences of this problem.
Regarding our breakfast, we strive to offer a variety of items; however, we are always open for suggestions from our guests.
Each and every one of our guest are important to us and we strive to assure our accommodations and service is above and beyond expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was a great experience. I was treated like royalty! The room was clean and updated. The breakfast was great and the value was excellent.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Lucy1981W
gmdaysinnstatesboro, General Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out to express your recent experience at the Days Inn of Statesboro. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Compliments such as yours is what makes our staff continue to provide the best in cleanliness and customer service. If we can be of further service, please let us know.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were going to Georgia Southern with our daughter for their open house. To be honest I had tried to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn but they were booked. The Holiday inn was twice the price of the Days Inn. I can not comment on the Holiday Inn because I haven't stayed there but was VERY pleasantly suprised with the Days Inn. The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable. The hotel was packed but could not hear any noise at night. For the quality and price I will stay there again if we go back to GSU.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank jbyrd
lilburn, ga
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Recently stayed here for parent's weekend at GA Southern. Very neat, clean, and staff extremely friendly. Love that it is pet friendly too.
Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank danado132
Andy A, Manager at Days Inn Statesboro, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments. We always strive to have a clean hotel with excellent service. We appreciate you recommending our property to all your friends and family.

Thanks,
Andy,
Ladys Island, Sc
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I choose this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvior and the price. The hotel was rated as the number one hotel in Statesboro. While the room was decent it was by far not up to being seen as the top hotel in the city. The room served its purpose for my short business trip but it would not have been my first choice if I was traveling with family and on vacation. Its an older property and doest have flat screen tv's. Wireless internet is free and the room had both a fridge and a microwave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank amurray751
Thomson, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Surprised at some older reviews being negative. My stay was very comfortable. I thought room was a little small but very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer. Did not use pool, but pool looked clean and area well kept. The breakfast area was small but for size of motel, this was not a problem. The breakfast gave adequate choices. I did not see any fruit, but they had plenty of juices and yogurt.
I thought Days Inn was a great value and would definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Joe35311
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2011

After reading through all reviews of hotels in the area we decided to try the Days Inn brand. We have never stayed at a Days Inn before because we have heard some really horrific stories but this days inn does not fit in the horror category! For the price this hotel is asking is was wonderful! The staff was very comforting and made us feel right at home. Breakfast was exceptional, for such a small area there was still a bit of a variety. Also our room was VERY clean and smelt soooo good. You would think alot of bad things just from the outside because this hotel is an outdoor entrance but it stunned us when we walked into our room and seen that the rooms looked to be recentley renovated and looked pretty new. Would definatley stay again!

Room Tip: looked like it was just recentley renovated and smelled so fresh