“In one word, I would say ugh!”
Review of Statesboro Inn

Statesboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice homey little bed and breakfast centrally located in statesboro. Like staying in grandma's attic. Needs more modern decor. All rooms done in gawdy wallpaper or weird red paint, casino carpet, wicker furniture. Nice value for the money. I would choose this place over the Ho Jo. Not the Ritz!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having never stayed at a B&B before we had no idea what to expect. It was a clean, beautiful turn of the century home converted into bedrooms each with a private bath. The beds were very comfortable and the entire Inn is decorated with antiques. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. I think we have found our new favorite place to stay when we visit our daughter at GA Southern.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stay at the Statesboro Inn once a year when I go back to Bulloch County for an annual family reunion. It is a grand home of old converted into a lovely bed and breakfast. The owner is also the chef and caretaker, and he is very good in both roles. The charm of this quiet little corner of the world lies not in any fanciness of the accomodations, but in the serenity of staying in a grand old home of yesteryear.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Haven't stayed in many B&B and was pleasantly surprised with the Statesboro Inn. The room was lovely and spacious with a private bath. The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. Breakfast was excellent and the atmosphere refined and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The room was clean. The service was great! The price was right! If you are in Statesboro I highly recommend. I had to vacate early due to my company sending me to another location and the owners pleasantly refunded any monies due to me. I did not sample the breakfast so I can not comment on that. The owner gave me a room off the main front porch that was lovely and I also had a back porch to sit. The place is beautiful. I do wish it was a closer walk for things to do but worth the stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Historic Statesboro Inn and enjoyed it a great deal. It's location downtown is terrific, as good restaurants are within easy walking distance and the William McTell walking trail is right out back. The rooms are beautifully decorated and all rooms are different - some with low dormers, alcoves, large and small baths, couches, fireplaces. We had a large room with a couch and 2 stuffed arm chairs. Truth be told, the furniture is antique and not terribly comfortable but I still prefer it to standard, modern hotel furniture. The bed was quite comfortable.

Rooms in the original part of the Inn are on the 2nd floor, with no elevator, so ask for options if stairs are a problem. The grounds are lovely: comfortable wicker furniture on the verandas (including 2 sweet cats who share the cushions) and attractive flowers & shrubs. The back parking area opens to the town library so it is quiet at night.

Breakfast is cooked to order and served in one of the parlors. We had eggs & bacon one morning, pancakes & bacon the 2nd and an egg, veggie and sausage dish the 3rd. Fresh fruit, juice and coffee rounded it out. Very tasty.

The staff are very friendly. Denman DuBose, the innkeeper, offered good suggestions for dinner, excellent directions to get to places we wanted to visit and advised us on where to stay and what to visit in Atlanta later in our trip. A great spot if you are in the Statesboro area.

Room Tip: Check out their web site to see the rooms before booking. Note: rates listed are not up to date.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our first experience at The Historic Statesboro Inn should allow Denman to give a review! We stayed about a year or so ago for the first time.
What a nightmare it must have been for him! I was a nervous wreck trying to plan a last moment family trip with an added teenage girl and two dogs. Denman and his staff took it all in stride and were very patient. He went out of his way to set us up with perfect accomodations for our families unique needs so we did not disturb other guests. We stayed in the Brennan House and I LOVED our room! Room 42 is amazing! The bed was soooo comfortable! I enjoyed sitting out on the back porch and playing in the yard with the dogs(beware little dogs though, the style fencing used has gaps and my little Shi Tzu took advantage of "visiting" the arriving guests in the parking lot). Our teenage girls stayed in the next room, number 43, at the very end, well, front of the house, and the pillows were so awesome they attempted to steal them! (I didn't allow it! No worries!) I was the only one eager enough for breakfast and was not disappointed! Yummy! They even sent some to-go for me to take back to my husband and 5yr old who slept in. Our stay was fun and relaxing! Walking distance to my sister's Salon Hair Studio 101 and we loved walking around the Farmer's Market exploring. Do NOT miss trying out an exquisite cupcake from Sweet Cheeks bakery either during your stay!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Brennan house with porches give a nice, relaxing place to unwind with a cup of coffee!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family