“Great Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Hinesville, Georgia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Haven't stayed in many B&B and was pleasantly surprised with the Statesboro Inn. The room was lovely and spacious with a private bath. The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. Breakfast was excellent and the atmosphere refined and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The room was clean. The service was great! The price was right! If you are in Statesboro I highly recommend. I had to vacate early due to my company sending me to another location and the owners pleasantly refunded any monies due to me. I did not sample the breakfast so I can not comment on that. The owner gave me a room off the main front porch that was lovely and I also had a back porch to sit. The place is beautiful. I do wish it was a closer walk for things to do but worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra D
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Historic Statesboro Inn and enjoyed it a great deal. It's location downtown is terrific, as good restaurants are within easy walking distance and the William McTell walking trail is right out back. The rooms are beautifully decorated and all rooms are different - some with low dormers, alcoves, large and small baths, couches, fireplaces. We had a large room with a couch and 2 stuffed arm chairs. Truth be told, the furniture is antique and not terribly comfortable but I still prefer it to standard, modern hotel furniture. The bed was quite comfortable.

Rooms in the original part of the Inn are on the 2nd floor, with no elevator, so ask for options if stairs are a problem. The grounds are lovely: comfortable wicker furniture on the verandas (including 2 sweet cats who share the cushions) and attractive flowers & shrubs. The back parking area opens to the town library so it is quiet at night.

Breakfast is cooked to order and served in one of the parlors. We had eggs & bacon one morning, pancakes & bacon the 2nd and an egg, veggie and sausage dish the 3rd. Fresh fruit, juice and coffee rounded it out. Very tasty.

The staff are very friendly. Denman DuBose, the innkeeper, offered good suggestions for dinner, excellent directions to get to places we wanted to visit and advised us on where to stay and what to visit in Atlanta later in our trip. A great spot if you are in the Statesboro area.

Room Tip: Check out their web site to see the rooms before booking. Note: rates listed are not up to date.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade City, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our first experience at The Historic Statesboro Inn should allow Denman to give a review! We stayed about a year or so ago for the first time.
What a nightmare it must have been for him! I was a nervous wreck trying to plan a last moment family trip with an added teenage girl and two dogs. Denman and his staff took it all in stride and were very patient. He went out of his way to set us up with perfect accomodations for our families unique needs so we did not disturb other guests. We stayed in the Brennan House and I LOVED our room! Room 42 is amazing! The bed was soooo comfortable! I enjoyed sitting out on the back porch and playing in the yard with the dogs(beware little dogs though, the style fencing used has gaps and my little Shi Tzu took advantage of "visiting" the arriving guests in the parking lot). Our teenage girls stayed in the next room, number 43, at the very end, well, front of the house, and the pillows were so awesome they attempted to steal them! (I didn't allow it! No worries!) I was the only one eager enough for breakfast and was not disappointed! Yummy! They even sent some to-go for me to take back to my husband and 5yr old who slept in. Our stay was fun and relaxing! Walking distance to my sister's Salon Hair Studio 101 and we loved walking around the Farmer's Market exploring. Do NOT miss trying out an exquisite cupcake from Sweet Cheeks bakery either during your stay!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Brennan house with porches give a nice, relaxing place to unwind with a cup of coffee!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bea A
Roswell, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The inn looks beautiful from the outside, and the main floor of the historic house is lovely. The host was friendly and offered us an upgraded, larger room, but I don't think it was as nice as the room I had originally chosen, nor does it look as nice as the pictures suggest. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not. If you are used to sleeping on down pillows, bring your own as the ones that were provided were thick and firm, with no "give." The toilet ran continuously and was rust-stained. Otherwise, the room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was good, but nothing special.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie M
Saxapahaw, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very comfortable and pleasant. Since it's located "in town," I walked to the restaurant (40 East Grill) for dinner. The Inn's breakfast, a baked egg & veggie dish, with local sausage on the side, was quite delicious. The host was charming and helpful. I will definitely return to the Statesboro Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A very charming Inn with breakfast. We stayed in the adjacent historic house and loved it. The room was very cozy and private. The breakfast was great with pancakes that were exquisite. The host of the Inn was very accomodating and always available to help with anything. The Inn is dog friendly as well. The price was very competitive compared to some of the big chain hotels in the area and of course offered so much more. Why not stay with the Statesboro Inn. We hope to return soon to this charming Inn and great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple