“Charming quiet convenient B&B”
Review of Statesboro Inn

Statesboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very comfortable and pleasant. Since it's located "in town," I walked to the restaurant (40 East Grill) for dinner. The Inn's breakfast, a baked egg & veggie dish, with local sausage on the side, was quite delicious. The host was charming and helpful. I will definitely return to the Statesboro Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 27, 2012

A very charming Inn with breakfast. We stayed in the adjacent historic house and loved it. The room was very cozy and private. The breakfast was great with pancakes that were exquisite. The host of the Inn was very accomodating and always available to help with anything. The Inn is dog friendly as well. The price was very competitive compared to some of the big chain hotels in the area and of course offered so much more. Why not stay with the Statesboro Inn. We hope to return soon to this charming Inn and great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just adding to the other reviews, as there isn't much else to say. All there is to say is all good just as with the other reviews. We travel on business in this area and have been very happy to have found this Inn. It is so far superior to staying at any of the chain motels in every way. The whole Inn is delightfully homey and comfortable and quiet. The rooms feel like a comfy guest room in your aunt's quaint Victorian in any small southern town. The breakfast is first rate, delicious and healthy and the service is quiet and pleasant and accommodating. Exceptional place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hosts at the Statesboro Inn made us feel right at home. I was travelling to Savannah to bring my Son back to school at the Savannah College Of Art and Design (SCAD). Almost all the Bed and Breakfast sites in Savannah were booked, and SO expensive! Statesboro Inn came up on the same search and since we had not stayed at a B&B before, decided to try this one since it is close to Savannah. Theey were so gracious and welcoming that we felt like family. Breakfast of eggs and grits were a great start to the day. I will recommend them and will stay there again soon. The prices were also reasonable. Thank You!

Room Tip: I did n ot see a bad room there as we had the place mostly to ourselves that we felt like we were at...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I decided last minute, since our concert plans were foiled by TS Isaac, to take a weekend trip to GA. We much prefer a B&B over Hotels. This was a exceptional choice. Like one of the other reviewers we had the entire Brannan house to ourselves. Room 43 was very comfortable. Denman was an excellent host and took great care of us, especially at Breakfast. The omelettes were excellent. Never really thought of using cream cheese. Wow! I only wish Statesboro would route the trucks around town and not let them take 25 thru downtown. Not an issue that would deter me from staying there again, though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If I am ever in Statesboro again, I will DEFINITELY be staying at the Statesboro Inn!! We could not have asked for a better experience, and the Denman was extremely gracious. My boyfriend and I were in Statesboro for his family reunion, and when someone in his family dropped the ball, we were suddenly responsible for housing 2 children . . . one of which is 6'3"! After acquiring the 2 children, our original room accommodations were not sufficient enough to suit our needs, but the Denman went out of his way to make sure that we were all accommodated and comfortable. We enjoyed the outside porch every morning, and every night, and we also enjoyed hearing about the history of the Inn. The housekeeper, Joy, was extremely pleasant and thorough in her work. Everyday she checked with us to see if we were in need of new towels, toiletry items, or a good cleaning. The breaskfast was fantastic, and the grits and mini pancakes were to die for! While we had most of the main house to ourselves throughout the week, we still felt like we had the house to ourselves even after a wedding party had arrived. We couldn't hear a thing from any of the other rooms, and they were all occupied. . . some of them with small children! My words can not even begin to describe how thankful I am for the generosity that was extended to us at the Statesboro Inn . . . it was certainly one of the highlights of our trip. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Room Tip: I can only speak for the Main House, as that is where we took up residency for 4 days, but all of th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed one night on our way south to Jekyll Island. Rooms 26 and 27 are across the hall from each other on the second floor of the main house and 27 has a little sitting porch attached to it. Both rooms were beautifully appointed and each had a private bathroom which was also lovely. (Each of the six rooms on the second floor has a private bath.)

It is clear that Denman (owner & innkeeper) loves this beautiful building. I spoke with another guest who has stayed there multiple times over the years that Denman has been the owner. She indicated that the facility was in disrepair when he purchased it and that he has lovingly restored the place. Each time she comes, she finds something new he has done.

Breakfast was a fully cooked mini-feast. We were offered eggs (any style we wished), sausage, toast, awesome grits and strawberries. The coffee was good and the company was fine.

If I had to find a fault, I would say that it was a tad awkward that the prices on the website were not updated, so the price Denman quoted me was higher. He did honor the web site prices when I asked him to, but there are folks who might question it and even I came close to choosing a different place because it made me feel funny. Updating a website is so quick and easy. Until the prices have increased on the website, he should use the old prices when charging guests. (Truth in advertising is a hallmark of a good business.)

I'm very glad we stayed at the Statesboro Inn and we will choose it again if we're passing through Statesboro!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family