“Quiet Interlude”

Ranked #3 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Quiet Interlude”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had attended a conference at the Statesboro Inn many years ago and was struck by its Victorian charm, central location, and general comfort. I highly recommend it as a B&B with the authentic air of a grand Victorian (since it is one) and the traveling conveniences of any typical, bland Interstate stop. The breakfast was solid and tasty and it had the feel of visiting a revered old Aunt's "town" home. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Statesboro Inn is a B&B in the center of town with wonderfully comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast. The host was helpful and eager to give hints about where to have dinner . There is evidently a restaurant in the house but it is not operating right now.
The building itself is a grand old Victorian, being gently cared for but not modernized out of existence. We felt fortunate to happen upon the Inn when cruising the town finding only standard issue motels, and would go out of our way to visit again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blossomtravels69
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was my first visit to the Inn, but NOT my last! I was traveling alone and wanted to stay at a place where I felt the facility would be safe, comfortable and clean. The inn met all of my requirements plus some more. The historic nature of the inn and its Brannen House were interesting and the decor was very quaint. The management told me that all of the inn is being updated and refreshed and I could see that was definitely the case. My breakfast was generous and filling. The management was courteous and very attentive. I'll be back!

Room Tip: All guest rooms in the Main House and in the "Back Building" are on the second floor. If y...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ValerieA779
st.simmons island
Reviewed March 9, 2012

i stayed at the inn last weekend of feburary. i was pleasanty surprised to see the changes that have been implamented since my last stay. my room had new sheets, pillows, comforter and large towles. as well as a fresh coat of paint throughout the hotel. the breakfast as usual was awesome. thanks denman and staff...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank john b
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I visit Statesboro a couple times a semester to see my freshmen. We have stayed at a few hotels in the area but came across this gem while searching for somewhere to eat. The food was home-style cooking and very good. The next time we were in town we reserved a room at the Inn. We came into town on our motorcycles and needed to unload our bags early. They were very helpful. Our room was not ready yet but they stored our bags and moved to our rooms once it was ready. The rooms were large with private baths. Our room also had a quaint little porch. The staff was very kind and we truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gladys E
Jacksonville
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at this bed and breakfast for two nights with my husband's family to attending graduation at Georgia Southern University. We stayed in the main house, upstairs, and occupied all 6 rooms.
Pros: Comparable pricing to area motels, spacious rooms with private baths, breakfast included, quiet
Cons: Needs updating and maintenance, beds were too soft, temperature control is for the whole line of rooms. If you're at either end, it's either hot or cold.
This is a great alternative to a motel if you occupy all the rooms in the main house. There are 6 rooms in the main house, and it was like staying at a family member's home. We lounged in each other's rooms and had lots of privacy since there were no other guests in the main room. The rooms were shabby-chic, but it's a neat experience to stay in a B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the back of the house are the warmest with heat and coldest with air. The two rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank crash330
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights at this Inn. The room was just okay. The bed was saggy and the bathroom had a burned out bulb and cracked tile. The shower had good water pressure. We had reserved breakfast for 7:30AM the first morning but at that time all the lights were off and the kitchen was closed. The next morning breakfast was served but it certainly was not up to B&B expectations. The breakfast consisted of a small portion of scrambled eggs, two bacon strips and one piece of dry toast. My wife asked for jam and they had none, No jam, no jelly, no fruit. The price was good but I would strongly recommend updating (at least ours) rooms and making breakfast a little more desirable (biscuits, grits, fruit, etc)

Room Tip: Check it before you decide what room you want.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple