“Quaint B&B with large rooms”
Review of Statesboro Inn

Statesboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Jacksonville
“Quaint B&B with large rooms”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at this bed and breakfast for two nights with my husband's family to attending graduation at Georgia Southern University. We stayed in the main house, upstairs, and occupied all 6 rooms.
Pros: Comparable pricing to area motels, spacious rooms with private baths, breakfast included, quiet
Cons: Needs updating and maintenance, beds were too soft, temperature control is for the whole line of rooms. If you're at either end, it's either hot or cold.
This is a great alternative to a motel if you occupy all the rooms in the main house. There are 6 rooms in the main house, and it was like staying at a family member's home. We lounged in each other's rooms and had lots of privacy since there were no other guests in the main room. The rooms were shabby-chic, but it's a neat experience to stay in a B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the back of the house are the warmest with heat and coldest with air. The two rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank crash330

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights at this Inn. The room was just okay. The bed was saggy and the bathroom had a burned out bulb and cracked tile. The shower had good water pressure. We had reserved breakfast for 7:30AM the first morning but at that time all the lights were off and the kitchen was closed. The next morning breakfast was served but it certainly was not up to B&B expectations. The breakfast consisted of a small portion of scrambled eggs, two bacon strips and one piece of dry toast. My wife asked for jam and they had none, No jam, no jelly, no fruit. The price was good but I would strongly recommend updating (at least ours) rooms and making breakfast a little more desirable (biscuits, grits, fruit, etc)

Room Tip: Check it before you decide what room you want.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dn006
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I was just there for a friends Wedding. The bride and groom deserved more customer service...actually any customer service would have been nice. I have been attending weddings like a job and work many weddings. I have to say that running out of food before less than 150 get their 1st plate...tacky! Not supplying enough glassware for guest....tacky! Weddings of under 75 people is all this space can barely handle! Having a bartender that is beyond drunk and able to stand within 3 hours of the event...just awful and you should be ashamed! The bartender and his crap buddies were stealing the alcohol and I know b/c I saw them do it! I had to step in to bartend b/c the bartender disappeared! Are you kidding me? I am a guest but I have more respect for a wedding than to not make sure people are getting beverages! I hope the owner wakes up to the fact that your staff left the wedding event by 8pm and no one was there to service the guest and the venue. What do you expect women to wash there hands with when there are no towel and no paper towels? REALLY? If you are considering this venue for your wedding...please trust that it will highly disappoint you and all you will end up paying for is a disorganized mess! Statesboro END is more like it...

Room Tip: Do not at any expense stay here! No good room and don't waste your money or a good night sleep!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank girlieforgood
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Would stay here again if in Statesboro overnight. It had an old country charm and appeal. Bed was comfortable, atmosphere was awesome. Room and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was simple and served with friendliness and a smile. Liked the fact that you can see what the room looks like when making reservation online.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank T W
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Statesboro Inn in June while attending an event at GSU. We liked the place a lot and would definitely stay there again if we're back in Statesboro. The owner was extremely nice and recommended a fantastic restaurant three blocks away for dinner. The room was very nice and the breakfast simple but made to order. Overall you can't beat the price, location, and feel of this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Living_in_Argentina
Yazoo City, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed July 6, 2011

A bed and breakfast should be good at two things. The bed and then the breakfkast. If the first one of these is simply no good at all, it doesn't matter how well the second one is done. The new owner (of 4 years) should have realized the beds needed replacing when he purchased the place and planned accordingly.

A lot is made of the age of the original house (1905). I think the mattresses are at least that old. (Or they at least pre-date color television.) To call our bed's foundation a 'box spring' is to insult all box springs. It was one of those old, creeky contraptions you see rusting away in junk yards, which is where this one belonged.

The mattress was no better. Sway backed like an old mule and about as comfortable. My wife and I had to balance ourselves on the outside portions near the edges or we would have rolled into one another in the middle. And if either one of us made an attempt to roll over, we would have to warn the other beforehand to prevent them from being launched onto the floor.

If I had wanted to sleep on a worn out, 50 year old mattress set, I could have just gone to my grandmother's house.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the mattress set has been replaced in the last 30 years.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here as my son was at orientation at GSU. Got there at 7:30 pm. Employee couldn't wait for me to get there so he could leave. I ended up being the only person staying in the big house. It was an extremely creepy feeling. Very hot upstairs. The AC took about 6 hours to cool it down. Beds could have been hammocks as they were completely worn out. Ladder on the outside of the house overlooked my bathroom window! No coffee in room and mugs were chipped - doubt they were clean. Told employee that I needed to leave by 7:30 am. He was not happy and didn't want to arrive until 8:00 am. At 6:15 am I had had enough, so I got out of there and went to IHOP. Will never stay there again and will not recommend it. To owners: refurbish it or close it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family