See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I have no complaints: I wanted a cheap hotel, and I got one. It clearly hasn't been updated since it was built decades ago, but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and you even get a continental breakfast.

The location isn't the best, it'd be a long walk to campus or the main square of town. But it's a small town, so not a big deal.

They have one perplexingly hostile policy: they don't allow people under 21 to stay (without a parent). I'm 26 and look a bit younger, but I've never been carded to prove my age at a hotel before.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
generalmanager6729, Owner at Knights Inn Statesboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2008

Thank you for your recent comments about our property.

My property has made some significant improvements since purchasing the property in 2004 and we continue to upgrade each year.

We really appreciate your generous comments about our staff. We take a lot of pride in our service delivery.

We were surprised by your comment about a long walk to campus. We are just across the street from the campus. Obviously, if you wanted to go to the south end of campus, this would be a short drive or a long walk for you.

We don't agree with you about the hostile policy. We implement policies that allow customers like yourself to have an enjoyable stay while visiting Statesboro.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Owner

Reviewed July 4, 2007

We've stayed here our last two times in the Statesboro/Savannah area (while visiting family) and while the first time was okay, our last time wasn't quite as okay. There seems to be either transients and/or
out of town workers that frequent the hotel. They seem to drink and smoke outside. While not threatening, this isn't the environment that
I want my children to stay in...nor would I feel comfortable if I were a single woman traveling through the area.

The place also seems to be a little less clean than it was the first time, and the first time it wasn't up to the standards of a nicer hotel.

I think we'll look to spend a little more money and go for a cleaner hotel that has more family/tourist traffic.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank cbozman

I am sorry to hear about your less than enjoyable stay at our facility.

We do in fact have quite a few guests that work in the area and chose to stay with us each week they are in town. This is sort of their home away from home.

I do my best at walking the property several times in the day and evening hours to be sure that everything is in order and we don't have the situation you described.

I work very hard with staff to produce a clean and comfortable room so we avoid comments such as yours. If we missed the mark during your stay, I sincerely apologize and certainly hope you try giving us another try on a return visit to Statesboro.

Thank you and come back soon and visit our town. We enjoy having you as much as you enjoy visiting.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed March 6, 2006

We stayed in the Days Inn while touring the college in Statesboro. The hotel is in a great location to get to the college. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. They greeted us very pleasant every time we came in and answered questions about the area. They even loaned us an adaptor for our computer so we could use their wireless internet in our room. Our end of the hotel was very quiet, our room was non smoking and did not smell, yeahhhh! One problem was in the bathroom, the sink area was not clean. We found hairs where it looked like someone had just shaved, and the sink counter top was sticky/dirty. The rest of the room was clean though. Oh yeah- and the heater made an irritating high pitch noise. We would stay there again, after all it was not that expensive a place...$54.99 a night.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very proud of the service we deliver. We aren't always on the spot, but we try very hard.

We have addressed your concerns with our room attendant staff. We checked out that heater as well and pretty sure we have it fixed.

Thanks again and come back soon.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed June 11, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for a camp we were attending at Georgia Southern University. Since we were at the college most of the day, our main objective at the hotel was to sleep. We were able to do that. The rooms were relatively clean, but in desperate need of upgrading. The bathroom walls were chipped and part of the baseboard was missing. The pool was closed due to problems with the filter. There were cockroaches all around the outside, some of our players reported some in their rooms, but we did not see any in ours. At check-out, we had trouble explaining that we did not have to pay taxes due to being a public school function. It took a while, but thanks to a bystander , it was finally handled. All in all, not a bad stay, the hotel served its purpose.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business