“AWESOME HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Statesboro, Georgia
“AWESOME HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I travel all the time for work and see many different hotels and this one was great. The prices were very reasonable and the room was very nice for the price. There is honestly nothing I can complain about with this hotel. The staff were very helpful with any request I had and my room was kept clean every day. Also it had no bugs at all!!!!!!!!! I do believe that if you are in Statesboro and need a place to stay this is the perfect hotel for anyone

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dylan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I travel extensively. I know both good and bad hotels. This Hotel is extremely clean and well maintained from parking lot to room. I was really impressed. The staff are some of the most polite and accommodating people I have met. My room was very comfortable and quiet and I slept very soundly. NO BUGS! The day cleaning staff are very thorough and always friendly. Everyone goes way out of there way to make sure you are well cared for-honestly. The room rates are extremely competitive with the surrounding hotels and the location for downtown is right on target. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Statesboro, Ga.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobbie M
Statesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We checked in at 5pm and checked OUT at 9pm this evening (12/07/13). We'd had hoped to save a few dollars by staying at a Wyndham -Knights Inn -- WOW What A MISTAKE!! After checking in and going to dinner we arrived back at our room, got comfy and then realized there was a cockroach on the wall. Killed it and thought, okay, maybe it's the only one. NOT! After killing over ten of them in a matter of 30 minutes, we couldn't pack up fast enough!! They were crawling on the tv, the refrigerator and the night stands by the bed. Saving a few bucks is not worth this!
We reported directly to the front desk clerk behind the glass (the lobby is locked at night), after loading our belongings in our vehicle. Abby was extremely apologetic and truly understood. She was gracious enough to call the owner to ask if she could give us a refund, to which they are supposed to do. However, she also let it slip to us, that she has mentioned this to the owner/manager before. (Oh, This Is Not The First Time?!!! Apparently not!) Thank you Abby for your help, I wish you luck.
As for the owner/manager - well, I hope Wynham wipes themselves.
As for the non-compliancy --- NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN THE ROOM!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a few more bucks and go up the block to Baymont Inn.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

my husband and I stayed here on 10/10/13 till 10/12/13. when we first got there I showed him where I had booked the room at book.com for 2 nights it cost me 120.00 here I am thinking like I was told on book.com it had a hot tube, well the long drive I did alone I thought I would relax in the hot tub so I called the front desk and he said we have no hot tub and pool only open sometimes(that was the first lie) when we walked in the room to put our stuff down I happen to look down on the spread and seen lots of BLOOD on it and the bed looked like someone had just slep in it. I called the office and he gave us the joining room 111 next door, we went inside there and it stunk and I turned the ac on and it ran all night while we went out by 4am the room was hotter inside than the outside, so I called the office the next morning and the man came down and asked us was we going out that day and we said yes he said while we were out he would get someone to come and check on it. the man not knowing we just went across the street to watch him, all he did was go back into the room and place the cover back over the ac unit. but it still didn't cool that night either or any other night. we was going to take a shower and I seen the towels and they were brown/black not white like they should have been so I sent my husband to get some more towels those looked white as cotton. ok the next night someone rented the joining room 112 that we had at first and all they did that night was beat on that joining door all night. the only thing I seen for breakfast that was good was the coffee, the waffles looked like they had been setting out all night the milk was hot as well. the carpet in the room was nasty and very smelly. and when we moved to the new rm 111 from 112 I moved the nightstand and found some drugs, now if housekeeping was cleaning the rooms like they should I should have not found someone drugs. im sorry but I will not be staying at this hotel any more and don't no one else should either. also while we stayed there I had gotten bits on my legs from something not sure what they were but that hotel will never get my business at all.

Room Tip: there is not restaurant in the hotel, nor fitness center, hot tub or swimming pool. the rooms have t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Statesboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we were getting our house exterminated. We got a nonsmoking room that had clearly been smoked in, but besides that, it looked clean. Until later in the night. We kept finding cockroaches, giant cockroaches, and I wouldn't let my 4 month old sleep in those conditions. Irony, huh? But we checked out at midnight and went to the Baymont up the road. The room there was much better and only 9 dollars more a night. I called the next day to get a refund but it was nearly impossible. The owner, Mr. Patel, wouldn't refund more than half, and that was after I called corporate headquarters three times. There is junk thrown on the side of the building and the pool was closed all summer. I would have hoped that for $91 a night that service would have been better. I hope they use the money they refused to give us back for a good exterminator. Do not bring your families here, you will be sleeping with cockroaches.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank nikki_robinson2152
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was working in Statesboro, GA, and had the pleasure of visiting the Knights Inn. The person at the reception desk in the lobby was very helpful and considerate, and made me feel welcome and truly an appreciated guest. The rooms were tastefully decorated and CLEAN!! Definitely a place I will want to come back to when working in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Barnesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were in town to move our daughter into GSU and booked the reservation many weeks prior as we did not know how crowded the area would be. The hotel was clean, the bedding soft and clean also. The hotel was older but that was fine we were only there to sleep. The breakfast was filling and free which saved us a few dollars. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel has a well lit parking lot and was very quiet. I felt it was a good value.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family