See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The front desk clerck was very nice, but after killing 4 roaches it was difficult to sleep. Doors were hard to shut...For the price you can't expect much, but I always expect clean and insect free

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We booked the hotel as it was midway between Atlanta and Savannah. Arrived late and had a good check-in room was small and there was a few stains in the furniture. In the bathroom the window was dirty and many bugs trapped in the double glazing. The bed sheets were clean and the towels.
£26 pounds for the night - now that's value

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I was downgraded from a king to a queen upon checkin. Room was postage stamp size. Heater wasn't working well at all. Sheets had stains on them. Hot water took 20 minutes to warm up in the morning. When I checked out my rate was adjusted a few dollars. I will pay more money and not stay here again. When I made the reservation it was for a Knights Inn, but my folio says Days Inn , maybe it has changed management recently. I wonder why.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I have no complaints: I wanted a cheap hotel, and I got one. It clearly hasn't been updated since it was built decades ago, but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and you even get a continental breakfast.

The location isn't the best, it'd be a long walk to campus or the main square of town. But it's a small town, so not a big deal.

They have one perplexingly hostile policy: they don't allow people under 21 to stay (without a parent). I'm 26 and look a bit younger, but I've never been carded to prove my age at a hotel before.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
generalmanager6729, Owner at Knights Inn Statesboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2008

Thank you for your recent comments about our property.

My property has made some significant improvements since purchasing the property in 2004 and we continue to upgrade each year.

We really appreciate your generous comments about our staff. We take a lot of pride in our service delivery.

We were surprised by your comment about a long walk to campus. We are just across the street from the campus. Obviously, if you wanted to go to the south end of campus, this would be a short drive or a long walk for you.

We don't agree with you about the hostile policy. We implement policies that allow customers like yourself to have an enjoyable stay while visiting Statesboro.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Owner

Reviewed July 4, 2007

We've stayed here our last two times in the Statesboro/Savannah area (while visiting family) and while the first time was okay, our last time wasn't quite as okay. There seems to be either transients and/or
out of town workers that frequent the hotel. They seem to drink and smoke outside. While not threatening, this isn't the environment that
I want my children to stay in...nor would I feel comfortable if I were a single woman traveling through the area.

The place also seems to be a little less clean than it was the first time, and the first time it wasn't up to the standards of a nicer hotel.

I think we'll look to spend a little more money and go for a cleaner hotel that has more family/tourist traffic.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank cbozman

I am sorry to hear about your less than enjoyable stay at our facility.

We do in fact have quite a few guests that work in the area and chose to stay with us each week they are in town. This is sort of their home away from home.

I do my best at walking the property several times in the day and evening hours to be sure that everything is in order and we don't have the situation you described.

I work very hard with staff to produce a clean and comfortable room so we avoid comments such as yours. If we missed the mark during your stay, I sincerely apologize and certainly hope you try giving us another try on a return visit to Statesboro.

Thank you and come back soon and visit our town. We enjoy having you as much as you enjoy visiting.

Yours in Hospitality