“Reminiscent of the '70s”
Review of RJ's Grill

RJ's Grill
Ranked #16 of 157 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 21, 2012

ATmosphere is that of the steakhouses of the 1970's - going thru an ordering line, then to your table. Very small salad bar. Steaks are good. Large meeting rooms available.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I had dinner there on Wednesday, July 25, 2012. She had chicken (and was okay with it) and I had a seafood combo of broiled flounder filet and fried oysters. My meal came out as broiled catfish and fried shrimp. The waitress told me to keep the shrimp while she redid my order. The shrimp had a very strange taste to it so I did not finish it. When the correct order arrived I tried the fish and immediately bit down on a bone. Since this was fish I understand that a bone can be expected now and then. About the third oyster I bit into had a piece of oyster shell in it. I did not finish my meal. The cook (or he may have been a manager) apologized for the mix-up of the order. It sure wasn't up to my expectations and the food was a bit on the pricey side for what you actually got. We won't be back.

2  Thank dn006
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Statesboro staple. NEVER in my 24 years of living in statesboro and eating at RJ's have I had a bad experience there. Excellent customer service, and the food is reminiscent of what your mama or grandma probably made. Sunday buffet is well worth the money, and has every southern staple you can imagine.The salad bar is always fresh, and will make the best salad in statesboro. Definitely a must try!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Inedible steak, mayonnaise smothered "salads", plastic atmosphere, dirty floors, sticky tables. 'nuff said.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Worse than cafeteria food! Salad bar not great chicken salad tasted weird, croutons were old and chewy, I ordered crab al graten or whatever it's called ad it was smothered in cheddar cheese soaked in oil and the crab taste out of a can. I also got filet mignon and I ordered medium it came out well done and very dry . I was totally let down the only thing I liked was the baked potato..

1  Thank Amanda121911