“Wow....in the rural south”
Review of South & Vine Public House - CLOSED

South & Vine Public House
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just left the South and Vine Public House in Statesboro. Just out for a ride , ended up in Statesboro. Checked for a restaurant and chose this one. Great choice. Tuna poke terrific. Grouper (grilled) tacos. Local produce, beef from Hunter Ranch , local seafood , even vodka made in Georgia. Bartender makes a terrific shaken martini. The menu here is different, exciting and very good. Service is friendly and knowledgeable. Go try it....it is worth the drive

1  Thank John D
There are newer reviews for South & Vine Public House

Reviewed August 2, 2013

South and Vine Public House was an absolute treat! My husband and I ate here on our way through Statesboro for business. It was recommended by a woman at our hotel, and boy are we glad that she did!

We were absolutely blown away by the food, drinks, and service at South and Vine. We have eaten at some of the top restaurants in the nation through our travels in Chicago, Seattle, New York, DC, and more, and South and Vine is now solid on our top 10 list.

I had the scallops which were perfectly cooked and full of flavor. My husband had the Shrimp and Grits, and his exact phrase was, "I think you've ruined me for any future grits, because I do believe these are the best I will EVER have".

On top of the wonderful food, we had excellent service and superb cocktails. My favorite of which was there Serengetti, although all that we tried were delicious.

The gumbo is also quite good and very similar to what you would get down in New Orleans.

If you are ever in the area, South and Vine Public House is a must for places to eat. Don't even think twice about it.

2  Thank SBarj
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

After eating at both 40 East and South and Vine Public House, there is clearly a new champion of the down town Statesboro restaurtant seen. South and Vine is clearly the best of the best in the Boro. Chops is clearly over and 40 East hasn't figure it out that good food is what makes a restaurant. Who makes a hamburger without lettuce and tomatoe.... Crazy!!! Well 40 does... The hamburger at South and Vine could easily be a business all by its self. Who makes their own buns? Well South and Vine does and that is just one of many things that makes this place Awesome!!! 40 East look out,this new restaurant is eating your share of the market!!!!

4  Thank aaronkinder
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at SVPH three times. It has been excellent each time. Amazing pork chop and spaghetti with homemade meatballs; I've found myself craving the spaghetti consistently since I ate it last week! We're new to the area and haven't been overly impressed with food options in Statesboro until we tried SVPH. SVPH rivals many restaurants we've been to in Savannah. I made a comment to my husband, at our last visit, that every plate I saw go back to the kitchen was empty/licked clean, so its not just us that thinks this place is awesome.

2  Thank Shopson3
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been to South and Vine three times. After the third visit, I can accurately say that I have not found another restaurant that comes close to the quality of food found at South and Vine in Statesboro. Between my wife and I, we have tried the Pork Chops (the best pork chops we have had), fish tacos, spaghetti with meatballs, vegetable plate, hamburger, and the blondie dessert. All have been excellent, so it comes down to personal preference. I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Jchawkins