“Good food, good prices”

Ocean Galley Seafood
Ranked #18 of 162 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here based on the reviews I read here. The food was good and a good value for your money. It seemed like a lot of the locals eat here.

1  Thank Lulugm

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I discovered this restaurant while shopping at Big Lot's a few doors down. Its location makes it hard to find if you don't know it's there, but I'm glad I found it. The staff is always friendly and make their customers feel like family. It's an excellent local place to go for seafood and steaks and I highly recommend their tuna spread!

1  Thank goddess_hathor
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon arriving to Statesboro for my next assignment (I'm a traveling nurse), and not knowing the area yet, I used my GPS to find a seafood restaurant. Sitting back in shopping center, Ocean Galley Seafood is a delightful and welcoming place that is clearly a place that the "locals" eat at for good reason! We, myself and family, ate there the first night we arrived in Statesboro.

We enjoyed a wonderfully prepared meal. My parents split the Mate Platter for Two. It included a large variety of fried items like stuffed crab (no fillers!), shrimp and several other types of seafood. Please note, that this dish is actually enough for three people. I got a serving of the fresh Alaskan salmon. Each of the meals comes with very tasty hush puppies in addition to two sides. They have the traditional sides like baked potatoes, french fries and hush puppies. They also offer fresh veg, sweet potatoe cassoroles, cole slaw (yummy!) and fresh green beans with red potatoes.

Our waitress, Samantha, was very knowledgeable of the menu and made good suggestions. She was right on top of our needs. I noticed that shortly after we arrived (around 6pm), the place quickly filled up, with a good wait forming. Price-wise, you can expect to pay $10 to $15 per person here for dinner. Lunch runs $6 to $10.

I am staying here on assignment for eight weeks and have already been back for lunch once. I'm sure I will be returning again in the near future again!

4  Thank Columbus_Nurse