“Good Dinner”

Good for: Families with children
Statesboro, Georgia
“Good Dinner”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Service was awesome and the food was good. Very friendly staff. We did not do Habachi but we noticed everyone that did appeared to be enjoying the experience.

• Visited February 2014

Statesboro
“Great food but not he best Hibachi show.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is not the coolest Hibachi show you will ever see but the food is great and thats why I go out to eat to start with. In fact I normally sit on the non Hibachi side due to the fact you don thave to wait for a table ti fill before they start cooking. Staff is friendly every time I go, I see other reviews that say differntly but thats hard to believe. I have been here at least 20 times since its opening and have never once had a complaint. I highly suggest the Jalapeno Poppers as an app. I know jalapeno poppers at a Japanese rest? However there nothing like any you have had any where else. I highly recomend!

• Visited December 2013
Bristol, Tennessee
“Never again! Rude and not customer friendly!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Never Again!

I have been here quite a few times in the past year. The first time I went it was great and up until last night has gotten progressively worse every time I go.

My best friend took me out last night as a belated birthday dinner since she knew sushi was my favorite. They were moving people in and out of the restaurant pretty steadily and it was clear our waitress was really frazzled.

First off they forgot to bring out our salads as the appetizer before the meal and didn't even realize it till we brought it to their attention.

Second thing was they bring out little cups for the sides like shrimp sauce and spicy mayonnaise. One cup was filthy and had dried sesame seeds/dried up sauce in it and the other one reeked of dirty bleach water. You could even see some of the liquid left over in it. Just to make sure I had my dining companion smell it too and she agreed, bleach.

The establishment has a book of special rolls that have not yet been added to the menu and what they contain and how they are made. I ordered a special roll that I had before in the past and I knew I liked. It came to the table completely different and they tried to argue with me that the way it was on the plate is how it was fixed. They refused to bring me the book and eventually one of the waitresses I am friends with brought it to me. When the manager saw I had it she got a disgusted look on her face.

This establishment definitely doesn't believe in the saying, "The customer is always right," clearly. She sat there and argued with me about the roll being wrong which it clearly stated in black and white print in their book that I was right.

Not only did they completely mess up my order, they also messed up my friends order as well. I swear the chef was just making whatever rolls he wanted to. Nowhere in the menu or green book did it say anything about masago (fish eggs) on either of our rolls and no time in the past did they ever have them on the top. Last night they did.

The manager Tina talked extremely mean to the chef and the waitresses that were helping us and did not even want to deal with me face to face. Eventually I got up and went to the front and had what turned into a very nasty confrontation with her. She could have cared less that the meal was completely wrong and didn't offer to comp anything on the meal or ticket.

We ended up walking out without paying which was a first for me anywhere. Next time I will go to the more divey/yet more expensive sushi place across town and leave this one off my list from now on. They really ruined an otherwise great 30th birthday for me.

• Visited March 2013
Statesboro, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude and Unprofessional”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

DO NOT bother going there. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! Long story short, my order was incorrect and when I brought it to their attention, the Manager "Tina" actually yelled at me! I am shocked and appalled at at the unprofessionalism displayed by their managment. No refund, no compensation; just sheer rudeness. When asked to please speak with the owner, I was told, by a nice server, I just work here and I do not know who the owners are or who to speak with. Also, do not go by their hours of operation. Apparently they are a suggestion. For a restuarante that is closing early due to no of business, the lack of professionalism is even more shocking

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bobby W
North Carolina
“Taste is way too salty”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Overall good restaurant with a the typical Japanese chef showing off his entertainment skills. Food was good but was WAY too salty. Atmosphere not all that great, but it's a small town. The locals seem to like it. I would not go back.

• Visited May 2012