“Entertaining”

Shogun
Ranked #45 of 155 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Chef puts on quite a show. The food was good. Overall, a good experience.
After you are seated around the cooking table, the waitress will take your drink order.
She will also take your meal order. After she brings the drinks, soup and any salad you may have ordered, the Chef shows up. Then it's Showtime.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I met friends here and I was very disappointed. The service was not very good, had to ask for things several times and the food was a little on the greasy side. We sat at a hibachi grill, and usually get a great show of culinary skills at other Japanese places I have been to. Our cook was not very friendly and literally threw the food on our plates. I doubt I will go back. I will drive the extra miles and go to Augusta!!!!!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We are always looking for good sushi and this place doesn't disappoint. We make our way over to Shogun's sushi bar whenever in the Statesboro area which is usually a couple times a month. The sushi chefs are very good at creating one masterpiece after another. The specialty rolls are excellent although I usually get the sashimi because the fish always seems so fresh. Have eaten here many times and always leave satisfied.

2  Thank Harleyman1903
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I had a late lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. They have hibachi tables but we were seated at a booth. I ordered a dinner portion of steak and shrimp. The dinner came with fried rice and mixed vegetables which included mushrooms and carrots and I had my choice of soup or salad. I chose the salad with ginger dressing. The dressing was the best I have ever had. I literally turned the bowl up to drain it all out!! My husband had the lunch sushi and lunch portion steak. They give you a choice of 2 or 3 rolls on your lunch sushi platter. The steak was so tender it would melt in your mouth. Keep in mind this is regular steak and not filet. Everything was exceptional. Thank goodness they gave us our own personal bottle of shrimp sauce. I love it on everything! Our bill was only $38. I can't wait to go back. My mouth is already watering for it.

2  Thank lovethang