“great food”
Review of Isabella's of Statesboro - CLOSED

Isabella's of Statesboro
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Huge burger and Huge Philly! Not for only one person for sure! my husband and I get one to share. great past bowls but they have the most wonderful broccoli olio! tons of garlic!

There are newer reviews for Isabella's of Statesboro

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Delicious. This has been our go-to Italian place since we tried it almost a year ago. Very reasonable pricing and large portions.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Recently someone mentioned Isabella's to us, saying the food was quite good--and since we had never been there before, my husband and I went there for dinner on my birthday. We were greeted when we arrived and seated in a booth facing East Main street. There was a basketball game showing silently on a large flatscreen on a not too distant wall. Several couples and a family with children were eating there as well. The place seemed clean and welcoming--not formal, but certainly nice. We were waited on right away by a VERY pleasant young woman who gave us the menu and list of specials and brought our drinks right away. I asked her for recommendations, and she made several--pointing out that everything but the cheese ravioli was made fresh right there. My husband ordered a chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and bacon dish served over angel hair pasta. I ordered one of the specials, a sort of ground beef penne pasta alfredo dish that was served in a lasagna fashion (rectangular slice.) We chose the soup over the salad and they brought us these VERY large bowls full of delicious homemade black bean soup. They also brought us a basket of bread rolls and butter. When the entrees arrived I was again surprised at the size of the portions--very big, in my opinion. I was pretty full from the soup, so I ate a little of mine and asked for a box for the rest. The waitress brought it quickly. In the meantime I remembered that Tiramisu is my FAVORITE dessert. I asked if they had it? They did, so we ordered ONE dessert to split--and we were given a very large portion. We managed to eat ALL of it with no trouble, however, and it was delicious. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and seemed quite proud of the food and the restaurant in general.She was so delightful that I asked her if it were her family's restaurant. She laughed and said no--she was just a student at the university. She was an efficient and professional server without being intrusive at all. We didn't tell her it was my birthday--so I have to assume this was just the regular service. We were very happy with our experience at Isabella's. We will certainly go back soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Warning....Make sure you check your bill. I was charged an additional $20.00 but not reflected on bill. When I added all the charges it amounted to $32.00 but the total amount indicated $56.00.

I couldn't believe my eyes, when I confronted the lady in the cashier whom I presume was the owner, she simply said, "oh you must have been charged for take out. I could not believe what I had just heard and seen..

They immediately voided the total ticket and charged me the correct price, but I wondrer how many customers have been over charged with this invisible charge stunt.

I hope this was an honest mistake; however, it sure didn't feel that way. Oh, by the the way, a simple apology would have suffice...

I used to eat at this place with my family but unfortunately I don't think I can go back!

Be careful and make sure you double check what you are being charged for...

2  Thank capacelli
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant has the most wonderful food, however, the staff acts like they are doing you a big favor in serving you. I went there a few weeks back thinking it was an off day. Then this past week I went again with a friend. There it was again. Poor service and poor attitude. No one welcomed us, no one said thanks for coming. No one smiled at us. I don't know what is going on here but a restaurant with this type of climate will never make it. There are too many other choices. Something wrong with this restaurant. I doubt I will go again.

3  Thank SouthernThoughts