“Coincidence or Fraud...the invisible charge” 3 of 5 bubbles

Isabella's of Statesboro
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Coincidence or Fraud...the invisible charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Warning....Make sure you check your bill. I was charged an additional $20.00 but not reflected on bill. When I added all the charges it amounted to $32.00 but the total amount indicated $56.00.

I couldn't believe my eyes, when I confronted the lady in the cashier whom I presume was the owner, she simply said, "oh you must have been charged for take out. I could not believe what I had just heard and seen..

They immediately voided the total ticket and charged me the correct price, but I wondrer how many customers have been over charged with this invisible charge stunt.

I hope this was an honest mistake; however, it sure didn't feel that way. Oh, by the the way, a simple apology would have suffice...

I used to eat at this place with my family but unfortunately I don't think I can go back!

Be careful and make sure you double check what you are being charged for...

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank capacelli

Statesboro, Georgia
“Poor service, poor attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant has the most wonderful food, however, the staff acts like they are doing you a big favor in serving you. I went there a few weeks back thinking it was an off day. Then this past week I went again with a friend. There it was again. Poor service and poor attitude. No one welcomed us, no one said thanks for coming. No one smiled at us. I don't know what is going on here but a restaurant with this type of climate will never make it. There are too many other choices. Something wrong with this restaurant. I doubt I will go again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SouthernThoughts
Savannah, Georgia
“Good food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Fish and pasta dishes are tasty and not too expensive. The bread and garlic butter is particularly good.

Visited December 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
“Plenty of Italian Food at a Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Locally owned and operated, this out-of-the-way restaurant provides college students and locals plenty of food at a great price. Be sure to bring your appetite and expect to take home left-overs. Homemade dinner rolls are fresh and warm. Lasagna is as close to homemade as it gets, snapper is fresh and lightly egg-battered with a light lemon butter sauce and chicken marsala was good. Choice of soup or salad comes with the entrees. As others have mentioned, the cheesesteak sandwich is huge. Thinly sliced steak on the same bread that makes the dinner rolls- supersized. The Tiramisu is some of the best I have had.
Service was attentive and informative. Lunch is available with a lunch menu or the dinner menu. Lunch portions are smaller with a great value. This is definitely better than the chain restaurants.

• Visited November 2012
Pembroke, Georgia
“Deliciously Overstuffed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

While on a regular holiday visit in the area to see family, we stumbled upon this place while trying to choose which of the obiquitous chains we would eat at. What a stumble it was!

We were surprised at the very few tables filled on a Saturday night, but that could have more to do with the holiday shoppers out in the stores that are more convenient to the chains or people gathering for Christmas.

The menu isn't huge but the basics are there with a few added extras. The variety of apps could use some more expansion beyond mozz sticks, calamari and some other stuff, but that is where the shortcomings end. The food is the star of the show...both in taste and portion size per dollar spent.

My son ordered the Cheesesteak sandwich. It was easily a meal for two coming in at 17 inches for about 10 bucks or less. My daughter had the Italian meatloaf special. There must have been a pound and a half of meat. My wife had the Italian sausage and broccoli. I had the Chicken Rollitine (chicken, cream cheese, bacon, mushrooms in a marsala sauce). Not only did we all love what we got but we equally loved what each other had as well. There food is very good. I cannot stress thar enough.

Also, you know those places where you tell people how huge the portions were and how much you got for your money? I'll bet this place has them beat. HUGE portions and very little on the menu over $10.95. Plus you get home baked bread and soup or salad.

My only other knock aside from the lacking variety of appetizers is the timing of the apps and salad and not clearing those plates before bringing the entrees. That's pretty picky when you consider the delicious feast you are in store for.

Get to this place before it gets too "discovered". And for all of you locals...support this gem that you've got. It deserves your business more than some mediocre Olive Garden.