“excellent”

Coconut Thai Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 162 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Coconut Thai Cuisine owner, Amy, was born in a small South Thailand province, where she absorbed the art of cooking from her family’s restaurant business. She’s proud to have brought the unique techniques and flavors of her home to Statesboro -- she pours her heart and soul into the authentic Thai dishes she serves. Each one, from noodles to fried rice selections to curries, is designed to entice the five taste senses and take you on a culinary adventure. And because our guests deserve nothing less than the very best, we import our ingredients directly from Thailand, grow many of our own herbs fresh in our garden, and are committed to keeping MSG out of our kitchen. Join us, and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in our romantic, whimsical space -- we hope you can taste the freshness and love in every bite.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

very good food if you like different types of curry. you would not regret eating at this restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Daughter took me there parents weekend. I had the shrimp and scallop dish with carrot, greens and chile glaze. Wonderful. Nice atmosphere as well and you would not think it as it is in corner of rundown shopping center.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was taken for dinner here and had a very pleasant evening. I was told by my host that it is the best restaurant in Statesboro. I have nothing to compare it too; the food was certainly good, though not particularly memorable, and the service attentive and accommodating of individual requests. One mistake with an order was quickly corrected. I would want to try other places before making comparative claims myself, but I suspect this is indeed as good as one is likely to get in Statesboro.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Maybe I'm spoiled and South Georgia isn't exactly a Mecca for Thai food, but this left me cold. Other than the outstanding service, there's not a lot of great stuff to say. We ordered appetizers that were TINY - expensive enough that they should have been able to be shared, but not large enough to do so. I'm not used to this at all. I love Thai food, and visit Thai restaurants at all price points. The price compared to quality and quantity was very excessive.

Honestly, my dinner was small, expensive, and tasted HORRIBLE. It was like being served a multicolored salt lick drenched in sauce. The two family members with me didn't enjoy their food either, but none of us said a word, as the people we were with are friends of the owner. I paid a sizable bill to only leave hungry and in search of ANYTHING to eat late night in Statesboro that was palatable.

Will not ever be back. Will stick with better Thai food at better prices elsewhere. Oh ... and if you choose not to heed my warnings, you might want to bring a flashlight with you. The place is so dark I'm thinking there are issues with the light bill.

1  Thank kambea
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I came here during a visit to Georgia Southern and the food was just wonderful! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Jennifer C