“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Manny's Neighborhood Grille - CLOSED

Manny's Neighborhood Grille
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Mediterranean, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Manny's IS sports! Catch all the action with 360° of sports on our 30 TVs! Manny's has one of the largest menus in Statesboro with everything from pizza and sandwiches to Mediterranean seafood, steak and lamb entrees in addition to delicious American entrées in a friendly neighborhood grille atmosphere.
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Everyone was extremely nice from the moment I arrived. Everyone spoke! Food was great. Can't wait to go back to tackle their Burger Challenge!

Visited January 2014

Statesboro
“Good Italian, less than average Greek”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

The italian food is pretty good but nothing to brag about. The Greek side of the menu is not so good. The lamb is tough and not flavorfull, the greek potatoes are over seasoned. They do have a few items I do like so I visit at least once a month. I do recomend the Calzone or Pizza. Stay away from the Gyro it is just frozen pre slized strips not fresh. The last two times I was in we had the same waitress, she was verry nice but her teeth were rotted making it hard to look her in the face when ordering.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lackluster sports bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've eaten here twice before reviewing just to be fair. The first time I ordered the calzone with olives. Safe choice, right? Wrong. Somehow they messed it up. The dough was thick and biscuit like and they used a mexican blend cheese instead of mozzarella. Our table did order the fried dough with honey which was surprisingly good. But it was fried dough. Not a difficult thing to make. The second time I ate here I got the pita pizza. It says that it comes with 2 toppings so I got spinach and feta. I guess since one of my selected toppings was a cheese, the cooks decided that I didn't want the mozzarella cheese that the menu said the pizza was topped with... The size of the meal was another thing that bugged me. I didn't expect the pita pizza to be large, but I wish that I wasn't still hungry afterward. it was $6.99 and the pizza was no larger than my hand, I would say 6 inches in diameter.

The other people at my table got wings and a club sandwich. They all said that they're food was good.

My one request to this "greek" restaurant is that they add falafel to their menu. Its easy, cheap to make, and you can't mess it up. But honestly I don't know if I would go back voluntarily.

• Visited October 2013
Faiburn
“Sports bar with class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent food with a Greek flare. We requested creamy horseradish dipping sauce for our fried mushrooms which was not on the menu. The kitchen mixed us up a surprise dip that was delicious!!!

• Visited September 2013
CROSS HILL
“Dishes were tasty but lamb was tough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went to Manny's for the first time today along with two family members. After reading the recent reviews I was expecting a very good meal. One family member ordered the baked spaghetti w/ sausage and mushrooms and the other chicken Parmesan. I ordered the lamb pasta dish (forget what it's called). All came with a salad which was tasty and nicely presented. I especially liked that the salad items were cut in bite size pieces instead of big chunks like many restaurants serve. Our food was served in a timely manner by a VERY PERKY waitress. Both the spaghetti and the chicken parmesan were reported to be very good by my relatives. My lamb pasta dish was very good except that the lamb itself was very tough. I had to chew and chew to get it swallowable (is that a word?) but you get my meaning. After several attempts I finally pushed the
lamb aside and ate the pasta and sauce which was excellent. I will go back to Manny's but I don't know if I will order this lamb dish again. Wonder if I could get it without the lamb?

• Visited August 2013