“Steadily getting worse!”

SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We've been staying here for years... No more.
Although the front end staff is great, the maid service is pretty non existent. They make the beds but never replace towels, glasses, cups or coffee. This time even LEFT the towels!
Three strikes....you are out!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dogslover
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. I apologize that our housekeeping staff did not provide you with fresh towels and coffee cups and mugs. I have addressed the issue with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that we improve and provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice hotel near Georgia Southern campus. Clean spacious rooms. Comfortable beds. Free breakfast was on par with most hotels: in other words nothing special, but nice to save the $$. Will stay there again when i return

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

As an elite reward's member I used my points to book a room. When my room wasn't ready at 4PM I was told that because I used points I was bumped out (treated like a dog) for a late arrival. When I asked if there was surely a room I could use to change clothes as we were late for my daughter's senior night recognition at the local university I was told "NO". Can I speak to the manager, "NO, there isn't a manager". I would like to recommend the brand new Hampton Inn which is where I will be staying in Statesboro from now on. This place was nice several years ago but it has gone down hill fast. Nasty breakfast. AC problems. You name it, it sucked!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chris C
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I apologize that when you arrived at 4:00pm your room was not ready and we were not able to get you checked in so that you could change clothes to attend your daughters event. I have addressed the matter with my staff to ensure that this type of situation will not occur in the future.

I also apologize that our breakfast was not satisfactory to you. SpringHill Suites does try to offer a wide variety of items to ensure that the best available breakfast is provided.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I hope that if your travels bring you back or through Statesboro again, you will give us the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel in 7 months and this visit was as good as the previous. It is comfortable, exceptionally clean, provides a free breakfast with a variety of items to select from. The staff is very professional and accommodating. The beds are VERY comfortable and the room temperatures are easy to manage because the thermostat is near the front door with the heater near the window so the temperature is not directly affected by the fan on the heater. This ensures the room temperature is consistent in all areas of the room - someone has paid attention to the details - LOVE IT!!!! I would suggest a towel rack near the sink. It is inconvenient to wash hands in the sink and go to the bathroom to get a hanging towel. But I do not deduct points for this because everything else is EXCEPTIONAL!!!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms 220 - 230 are great. They are quite - not near ice machine or elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and after a good nights sleep were able to get refreshed with our variety of items at breakfast. I do apologize for the inconvenience of no towel bar in the vanity area. I will certainly forward that concern to our ownership to take into consideration to have a towel bar possibly added.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

On September 19, 2013, I saw a mouse in my room. Again on December 19, 2013, I had a mouse in my room. After the first instance manager Kris Hamilton did not call me. After 3 hours of waiting I called her and she claimed that she was busy in meeting and was aware of what happened. After the second instance, Ms Hamilton took 5 hours before contacting me and that was only after I called the franchisee. She claimed that she was busy with paperwork. It has now been over two weeks since the latest encounter with mouse. The director of hotel operations for the franchisee authoritized as compensation 15,000 points. Are you kidding me? I also have received no cooperation from Marriott customer care. I have been a premier Platinum member of several years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mike d

I apologize that you experienced an issue with a field mouse in your room during your recent stays. I can assure you that the matter was immediately addressed with our pest control company who took preventive measures in and around the property. I am sorry that I was not immediately available to take your phone call as I was in a meeting and that you had to call me back after 3 hours and 5 hours your second incident. Our company policy for returning phone calls is by the end of the business day. I can assure you given the opportunity a return phone would have been made the days in question.

The 15,000 points that we offered were immediately added to your account so they should be available to be seen online. You are a valued Platinum Marriott Reward member and SpringHill Suites guest. I again apologize that you experienced this at our hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

A nice clean hotel. Well kept. Love the college students that work at the front desk. They have a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Hotel is convenient to the GA Southern campus as well as several good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good but disappointed they only have waffles on the weekend. Not sure why unless they don't cook eggs/grits/sausage on the weekend. Plan ahead if you want to stay here. They fill up quickly since they are the best hotel in town.

Room Tip: The back side is a little quieter, but theres not a lot of road noise coming thru the front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. I apologize that our breakfast offerings differ weekday to weekend and you were not able to have a waffle during your stay. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Staff was very nice. Adam checked us in and was very helpful. Room had a good layout but could have been cleaner. We didn't eat breakfast, too crowded. So having the breakfast included was not an added value for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy our breakfast as it was crowded. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.